Thread: I went skiing

I went skiing

It was so much fun. The Arizona disabled sports and the Barrows connection puts on events like skiing, waterskiing, being a passenger in a race car,, stuff like that.. The rec therapist over at Barrows Neurological Institute rehab is a friend of mine and hooked me up with some tickets to go skiing. I got to go down three times. If you ever get the chance,, give it a shot. Here's a little video for you
    Learning to ski
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Hitting the big slope
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Blog Entries
    That's great! So glad you got to go! It must have been a blast. Nice looking slope. Where was it?

glad u did its a blast shephards goes to breckridge for a weeks you should try to hook up it so much fun

Oh, that does look like fun, Ry!
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Good to see you out and doing things!! I'd love to try one day ... laughing at trying to fit my fart arse in one though. LOL
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Denver, Colorado USA ---- C5/6 Complete 1985
    Wow Ryan, It looks like you are really moving in that first video! You have amazing control on the turns, unbelievable for doing only 3 runs! You are a natural. I agree that you should come up to Winterpark or Breckenridge, and I'll go with you. It's been quite a few years since I've done it, but it's a blast, as you found out. Thanks for sharing the video.
    "The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is."
    --Eckhart Tolle

Sounds like fun. We have a retreat near Payson coming up here in July. I did that several years ago and once again,, it was so much fun. I'm definitely going again. This is the first time they put it on since 2012. We do all sorts of stuff up there.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Awesome Ryan!