Thread: Pressure or Skin Irritation?

Pressure or Skin Irritation?

My daughter just sent me this. I know they shave that area sometimes and they do program on her left side so having feces slide down on this isn't good. It is hard to tell from pictures but it looks more like skin irritation of some kind than a pressure sore to me. She is going to sleep on her belly tonight and make the appointment on campus tomorrow.

Last year she had a nasty sacral sore that resulted in a flap surgery. She called understandably upset. (She is away at college.)

Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

There are marks right where that is ... does she wear tight jeans with a seam?
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Good point and we are wondering if it is from her Depends. (She hasn't but hasn't had an accident in ages but she likes the insurance.) Most of her pants are jeggings and leggings. I'm looking at these for her to mix it up a bit but still give her a little protection. Spendy little buggers:
    https://www.iconundies.com/collectio...ence-underwear

Looks like it from Depends to me to. I have used them once in awhile and my skin will look like that....should be gone after about 8 hours. At least mine always did. I would not wear them day after day though.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    My daughter just sent me this. I know they shave that area sometimes and they do program on her left side so having feces slide down on this isn't good. It is hard to tell from pictures but it looks more like skin irritation of some kind than a pressure sore to me. She is going to sleep on her belly tonight and make the appointment on campus tomorrow.

Last year she had a nasty sacral sore that resulted in a flap surgery. She called understandably upset. (She is away at college.)

Thoughts?

what level is she if quad get a colostomy no more accidents and its freedom I am c6c7

Try poise or tena instead.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

She could also try the maximum protection pads, longer and wider than regular pads and not an enclosed diaper.

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    I use x-large Attends classic briefs. For a sore of her gravity, I might put a drop of Lugol's solution, let it air dry, then cover the sore with a waterproof square bandage. Stay off of the sore as much as possible for several days. Change the bandage at least daily. When the sore gets better, put a cream that contains aloe vera. Is it possible that she has scraped her bottom while transferring from bed to chair over a rough surface? Is the sore on her outer hip or is it where she sits on it?
    Female, T9 incomplete

Are we confusing why Erin uses Depends diapers? Is she using them because of worries over bowel accidents or urine accidents?

She uses them in case of urine accidents. She hasn't had an accident in recent memory. I bought some of those Icon undies for her that are a lot softer but also provide some protection yesterday. She has some nice soft Victoria's Secret ones she is using right now. Today she will visit the campus wound nurse.