Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More suprapubic pain🙁🙁🙁

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

More suprapubic pain🙁🙁🙁

As I've said in other threads, I had my suprapubic catheter done 9/23/16. So, I'm still in learning about it and my body's quirks.

I've gotten the urine draining issues settled by using the Duette catheters. Those are awesome! No more catheter gettiing blocked by digging into my bladder wall.

This stoma though!!! It has been giving me fits.

I've already been treated for 2 infections. I've since learned we were over cleaning my stoma and keeping it irritated, and we've not been letting it get enough air. It's embarrassing to post (but a reality of adult life), but we've also totally cleaned up the pubic hair anywhere around the stoma area. These tweaks have had things going smoothly for almost 2 weeks until about 3 days ago.

Now, I don't know what to think of this thing. The past 3 days have been almost unbearable from the stoma area's pain. I almost went to the ER this morning, but fought through it. (ERs are dangerous right now because our area's having a flu and strep epidemic.) Anyways, the stoma looks healthy. Just some very slight drainage, but not even enough to really mention. My abdomen surrounding the stoma has became puffy like it did during the prior infectious though. Also, a small pimple like spot has popped up right beside the catheter today. I should also mention that I was discusted and surprised while changing my catheter yesterday. There were about 3-4 hairs stuck to my catheter deep into my stoma. Thankfully, they were clinging to the gel that was still on the catheter from 3 weeks prior insertion. I just pray that there's not any more left behind in there. (By the way, my actual stoma has hair growing now too. I guess those are some super hair follicles or something. Ugh!) This pain is just awful. I normally take 2-3 Tramadol daily, but I'm having to take my left over Percocet at the moment. ...and it's not totally helping. Also, I'm not having what's considered a fever, just an elevated temp. Of course, there's Tylenol in the Percocets.

I should add that my urine actually looks good too.

So, any ideal y'all?🙁🙁🙁. I thought about there being another stoma infection, but on the inside considering the hairs...and now the pimple. I just don't know. I've called my urology team, but their just not being helpful. You all have helped and taught me more than anyone. I hate this!

Ive attached a current picture of my stoma. If you decide to look at it, the pimple thing is on your left side.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Maybe try posting another picture with better focus. This picture doesn't give a clear view of the problem.

Slash that about the drainage. It's now got drainage. Here's better pictures. The first one was from this morning. These are now.

The second 2 are before being re cleaned. The first 2 after lightly cleaning around the tube in order to see the pimple area.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Two suggestions:

1. Don't shave the hair around the supra pubic stoma. Click it short with scissors.

2. Try Calmoseptine ointment around the stoma area.

Thanks gjnl...will do...

[QUOTE=gjnl;1823728]Two suggestions:

1. Don't shave the hair around the supra pubic stoma. Click it short with scissors.

Anyone ever used an epilator on belly hair to allow gauze to be taped down?

Oops, messed up the quote...

[QUOTE=Scott C4/5;1823795]
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Two suggestions:

Anyone ever used an epilator on belly hair to allow gauze to be taped down?

Oops, messed up the quote...
    Do you mean depilatory?

[QUOTE=gjnl;1823796]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post

Do you mean depilatory?
    No, I tried Nair with mixed results... I'm talking about one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/Philips-HP640...words=epilator

[QUOTE=Scott C4/5;1823797]
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post

No, I tried Nair with mixed results... I'm talking about one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/Philips-HP640...words=epilator
    Did you try the Epilator? Did it work for you?

No, but I'm tempted. I've been using a body hair trimmer but it doesn't get real close which means more frequent trims. I'm also going to start using an EMS unit to try and tone my abs some, so a smooth belly would be best for the electrodes to adhere. My only worry is AD, but I don't have a lot of problems with it, so I'll probably buy one soon and see what happens.