Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Video is now up, showing my rear suicide door conversion... with transfer and all

My Video is now up, showing my rear suicide door conversion... with transfer and all

Well, I had some positive feedback and some people asking for a video. Sorry that it took so long. I had a rear suicide door conversion done on my Camry and it makes driving much easier. I just thought it might help some others as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaor...ature=youtu.be
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

Nice job!

Affordable accommodation / modification.
    Looks like something worth applying for a patent for.

Thanks ChesBay. I never thought of applying for a patent. Although it was reasonably priced for me, I think that is just because I found the right guy at the right time. He did A LOT of work to get it done for me. Including paint, which can be expensive alone. It is probable that it would be more expensive for others. I am very happy with the work that he did though. It's been almost 3 years now with no major problems. I have seen suicide door conversions that "sag" within a few months.

Fantastic! Thanks for the post.

Sweet!!!
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Pretty groovy set up! Suicide doors on a Camry, way to think outside the box. Thanks for posting that video, very helpful!

Too bad we can't interest mobility dealers in doing this conversion, all they want to do are 60,000 minivans. This is a great solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ChesBay View Post
    Nice job!

Affordable accommodation / modification.
    Looks like something worth applying for a patent for.
    It is a nice job but as far as patent goes...this exact mod is done on many show cars. Not a new idea, just happens to be a good modification for wheelchair users.

Lots of rear door suicide kits available...Google "suicide doors actuator" "rear suicide doors" "linear door actuator".. etc.

Thanks again. I am glad it seems helpful for some here. I have been a member here for @ 10 years but, I have not been very active lately. I am just trying to give back a little. As for a patent, I don't think that would work either, as it is not an orginal idea.You should do a youtube search, as there are a few other good setups like this. The one on the Escalade which also has the front seat which comes out and down is another great idea for those who would rather have an SUV.