Thread: What is the resale value of my 2013 MacBook Pro?

Blog Entries

What is the resale value of my 2013 MacBook Pro?

It is in pretty pristine condition because I always use it only with an external monitor and keyboard. If there were choices to be made I probably would've chosen the maximum everything. I can't at the moment find the receipt, but I think it came to around $3000. If there are relevant factors, please ask me and I'll try to find them. I'm using it at the moment, so please tell me where to look.

Randy, why do you want to sell your MacBook Pro? I run Dragon in BootCamp. It works great! Find out how much gazelle will pay if you really want to give it up. I am somewhat interested in buying if you really want to sell.
    Rock bottom is relative to how high you bounce when you hit.
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

For whatever it's worth, my computer tech told me that he thinks the MacBook Pro is one of the finest machines Apple ever built, and he advised me to hang onto my 2012 model until it couldn't support the software anymore. It's a very stable, reliable computer - resale value, based on age alone, is probably not equal to its broader value (though I realize that's a subjective judgement).
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Blog Entries
    Oh my head, she spins. I would love to just keep using my boot camped Mac, cut my losses now. Paul, what version of Dragon are you using? Do you have the add-ins installed? Do you have any idea why I might be having so much trouble with it? Nuance sold one of my computer guys that it's only really reliable in the native environment. Right now it's only working well word pad. If I just could get functional using office on my boot camped Mac, life would be almost divine. I aim small.

Randy, I would recommend paying (approximately $20) Apple's tech support to help you set up BootCamp. I think your MacBook Pro came with CDs or DVDs. You will need them to load all the drivers etc. I would recommend having someone who is able body at your home to assist with this process. Make sure that the Windows drive is formatted using NTFS and not FAT 32.

I am using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 Pro.

I have an iMac with an optical drive. I do realize that your MacBook Pro does not have an optical drive. If I had a MacBook Pro, I would partition the hard drive and run Dragon in BootCamp!

Feel free to contact me if needed.
    Rock bottom is relative to how high you bounce when you hit.
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com