Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: In the News: Spinal cord injury treated successfully using new drug

In the News: Spinal cord injury treated successfully using new drug

Never heard of this one before...

Feb 14th, 2017: New York, NY - The world's first success in treating spinal cord injury sustained more than 40 years ago has been demonstrated using a new non-invasive drug.

The treatment relies on a new formulation that creates stem cells deep below the skin using a highly-penetrating ointment. The drug is delivered using technology similar to that used in nicotine patches. TetraStem is a new tetracycline-based topical antibiotic that is FDA registered to treat cuts and burns. It was discovered 5 years ago that, as a new off-label drug, it also can induce stem-cell healing; first in an animal research program followed by human research programs.

Older spinal cord injuries have been notoriously impossible to treat. Paraplegics and quadraplegics have tended to remain paraplegics and quadraplegics. Now, what was impossible may become possible using this new stem-cell drug. Good results have been obtained after treatment of a spinal cord injury sustained 42 years ago. The research methodology and case study results are online at http://www.PhillipsCompany.4T.com/SCAR.pdf

The new treatment is the world's first low-cost treatment for spinal cord injury. Hospitalization is not required because the non-invasive stem-cell drug can be applied topically, and there are no known side effects. For a limited time, the manufacturer is offering the new drug to any paraplegic.

Miranda is the first patient to benefit from this simple but effective experimental drug. As a complete paraplegic, she became the first person on earth to walk again as result of using the simple rub-it-on-the-skin drug for six months. Miranda's treatment and progress is reported online at http://www.PhillipsCompany.4T.com/Miranda.pdf

Because Miranda's treatment began only a few days following her spinal cord injury, it was first thought that perhaps the successful outcome using the new drug might be helpful only as an early-intervention treatment -- but a better expectation has been established based on recent data.

Phillips Company invites any hospital or orthopedic surgeon to evaluate this new drug for the treatment of patients with spinal cord injury.

The new ointment is being developed by the world's only not-for-profit FDA-registered drug manufacturing company. Phillips Company is a develop-and-license company. TetraStem will be transferred to a larger pharmaceutical company for high-volume production.

SOURCE: https://industrytoday.co.uk/health_a...using-new-drug
    "I'm Moe, and I approve this message..."

Wonder why the links don't work. Rutgers has them blocked.

Wonder what a 'research program' is?
    Last edited by Jim; 02-14-2017 at 12:34 PM.

the links work for me
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Wonder why the links don't work.
    on my post or their website?
    it's working here, this link?:

http://www.phillipscompany.4t.com/SCAR.pdf

probably you're using a pc without a pdf reader plugin on your browser.... try 'save as' and then open the file(s) in the destination folder

$280 for 14 units... Who's going to try it out?
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

I dunno... sounds too good to be true... Snake oil?

got some pics to upload but can't seem to post them here...

from other website w/ contact information...

Paraplegic can now walk after stem cell treatment

MILLERTON, OKLAHOMA - 01/14/2017 (PRESS RELEASE JET) — Hospitals and orthopedic surgeons can now evaluate a new treatment for spinal cord injury. Research results have demonstrated the world's first success in treating a spinal cord injury with only a topical rub-on ointment that penetrates deeply and converts normal cells into stem cells. Until recently, this kind of simple rub-it-on treatment has never before been used to transform a paraplegic into a walking, functioning person.
    The treatment relies on a new formulation that creates stem cells deep below the skin using only a highly-penetrating ointment. The FDA-registered ointment is called TetraStem. TetraStem is an antibiotic normally used to treat cuts, as an on-label topical drug. But it was discovered 5 years ago that it also can induce stem-cell healing; first in an animal research program and then in human research programs. The new ointment is being developed by the world's only not-for-profit FDA-registered drug manufacturing company.
    Miranda is the first patient to benefit from this simple but effective experimental treatment. Miranda's treatment and progress is reported online at www.PhillipsCompany.4T.com/Miranda.pdf
    TetraStem is being developed by Phillips Company, who now offers any hospital or orthopedic surgeon the opportunity to evaluate this new drug in the treatment of spinal cord injury.
    Media Contacts:
    Company Name: Phillips Company
    Full Name: Howard Phillips, General Manager
    Phone: 580 746 2430
    Email Address: hp@valliant.net

http://pressreleasejet.com/news/para...treatment.html (SOURCE)

"Hospitals and orthopedic surgeons can now evaluate a new treatment for spinal cord injury" moe: a topical cream that would fix everything... really?? I must be dreaming...

the effectiveness of this is unclear to me because initially it says that it would work for chronic injuries but this report is all about treating an Acute injury
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    the effectiveness of this is unclear to me because initially it says that it would work for chronic injuries but this report is all about treating an Acute injury
    but they do claim that this ointment converts or awakens adult cells into 'adult stem cells' I'm skeptical of this whole thing though, but worth looking into...

Quote from the SCAR.pdf file:

'In 1975, a 15-year-old male fractured the C4 vertebrae as a result of a gymnastics training

exercise. The C4 fracture resulted in damage from C3 through T1, with presumed

incomplete spinal cord damage. This spinal cord damage occurred 42 years ago.

Recently, between 2016 and 2017, our new topical stem cell drug has been used, for the

first time, in the successful treatment of old spinal cord injuries, based on the following

report received from the user of the drug.'

moe: from my calculations he's now 57 if he was 15 in 1975 42 years ago... also haven't noticed physical training or exercises to be mentioned...
    Last edited by Moe; 02-14-2017 at 01:30 PM.

How can he claim these things, surely its illegal?

The guy is using a free web site and doesn't even have his own domain name.
    Last edited by niallel; 02-14-2017 at 09:32 PM.