Thread: Flexrims

Flexrims

I purchased a pair of Spinergy Flex rims and love them except in about 6 months the rubber has split in many places. So I send them back to Spinergy for $100 shipping and $200 to fix them. I get them back and in 2 months they are split again in many places. I am around 200lbs and work 40 hours in an office and not really abusive on them. So I'm sick of that shit and just want to put good handrims on a set of good wheels. So I get to looking and there are not any holes drilled in the rim to mount to. Has anyone had this experience or should I just take them to a bike shop and drill them out?

It could be done, I suppose. But I'd just look for a used pair of regular spinergys on Ebay for about 200, no more.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

6 months, that is ridiculous, should be considered defective and replaced for free. Mine lasted 5 years before needed to be redone.

I didn't know own they have been on the market for 5 years. Did you send them back to Spinergy when they were done. Was it $200 clams ea. To fix. They told me they only assemble the parts and really can'T fix anything. If these are LX rims then why are they not punched out for any kind of handrim?

Quote Originally Posted by hammerx View Post
    I didn't know own they have been on the market for 5 years. Did you send them back to Spinergy when they were done. Was it $200 clams ea. To fix. They told me they only assemble the parts and really can'T fix anything. If these are LX rims then why are they not punched out for any kind of handrim?
    Because they are for Flexrims handrims, not Flexrims and standard 6 tab handrims.

If both, you'd have 6 holes in a rim allowing dirt to get inside the rim and appearance wise....6 holes.

I'd call Spinergy and tell them that in 2 months they split. If they won't replace them, I'd look at switching to another wheel brand that covers issues like this better.

I sent them back to Spinergy and they repaired it for free under warantee

That is an aggressive tough attitude from the manufacturer. My thoughts are that what you present would be a warranty issue.
    Those Spinergy Flex rims must be subject to a hell of a lot of load forces not to mention the amount of perspiration effecting the material and bond. I imagine those two factors would take their toll, especially if the perspiration was especially acid(?).
    Are you using them as support when lifting yourself or reaching? Maybe they are just not up to everyday practice?
    I have more trust in mechanical attachments than adhesives and synthetics.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 03-11-2017 at 04:58 PM.