Thread: Can AD trigger a seizure?

Question Can AD trigger a seizure?

So, I apparently suffered AD, then multiple seizures last Tuesday.

I was initially told the seizure was induced by a URI, UTI, or both, but now they're telling me the cause is unknown. I feel pretty safe saying there's a correlation since they were either co-occurring or subsequent, but my anxiety and paranoia (ty dilantin!) has me wondering if I am missing something.

Am I?

A CT showed no abnormalities, I'm told.

My recent memory is fuzzy, at best, though.

Long-term is recovering, which is good.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Blog Entries
    Boy does that sound familiar. Right down to the fuzzy memory. My neurologist says AD can cause seizures, but mine have been listed as cause unknown. I have been on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levetiracetam since mid 2015 and have had no more seizures.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Yes they can and worse . I had A.D. shot my blood pressure sky hi , caused a STROKE , three bleeds on the brain . After it was all over , cause was backed up bowel . What a deal !

Yes, while it is not common, AD can cause seizures, as well as cardiac arrhythmias. A full blown gran mal seizure can have after effects for several weeks related to memory. Is this the only time this has happened to you? What was the cause of the AD episode, and what are you doing to assure it does not happen again, or that it is caught and treated sooner?

(KLD)

The cause of the AD was either a one-time change in my bowel program or my bed bag got too full before I called out. We haven't had consistent nursing for a while, so my routine has been in flux.

I have suffered AD before with headaches and arrhythmias, but without a seizure. I did have a seizure in my first year of life, and now I'm wondering if a seizure while driving was the cause of my initial injury. The TBI/brain swelling/coma may have masked any evidence of a seizure.

re: future routines, my bed bag now busts if it gets too full, my BP will not be changed, I'm a lot more paranoid, and I'm taking 300mg/day of Dilantin.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Blog Entries
    My 2 episodes both happened while I was asleep. With no identified cause, medication was apparently the only answer.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12