Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The "LIKE" button, or lack of

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    Why doesn't the "Rate This Thread" feature work for you? Seems like it is like a like button. Hope that wasn't like to serious
    This feature used to be on Care Cure Community, but I don't see it at the bottom of the page as I remember.

Mine is in the toolbar at the top of page.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    Mine is in the toolbar at the top of page.
    Thanks! I guess I have become so familiar with the site, that I have failed to see what is really there. Must say in 12 years on this site, I've never used any of those tools.
    Last edited by gjnl; 02-10-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete

Thumbs up

RE: Zen12many. Today, 01:17 AM, #4 on this Thread-
    "LIKE"!
    Female, T9 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    "Moving the site to the 'cloud'?" Will that in any way change the way each of us accesses Care Cure Community?
    No, it just won't be based on the Keck Center/Rutgers servers anymore. The university is requiring this as they feel that our site lacks sufficient security and creates a weak place in their firewall and computer security system.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    No, it just won't be based on the Keck Center/Rutgers servers anymore. The university is requiring this as they feel that our site lacks sufficient security and creates a weak place in their firewall and computer security system.

(KLD)
    That isn't very reassuring for someone who uses this site. Cast Care Cure Community into the cloud and let's see what happens!

That said, as someone who was here during the last attempt at an upgrade to v-bulletin, I hope things go better than the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    We won't be changing anything at this time because we are most probably moving the site to to the 'cloud'. This will include an upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin. After we do that, we can reassess.
    Why not think about doing one thing at a time, move then "upgrade"?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

That isn't very reassuring for someone who uses this site. Cast Care Cure Community into the cloud and let's see what happens!

That said, as someone who was here during the last attempt at an upgrade to v-bulletin, I hope things go better than the last time.
    One of the reasons for the dramatic dropoff in CC membership after the last major upgrade, was that it was not even possible for some members to log on afterwards. There were problems with the URL, as I recall. Assuming that CC will need to be offline during the upcoming changes, I wonder if it would be possible for a mass email or pm (not just a thread or post here) to be sent to members, letting us know when the forum is up and running again - and how to log on (if the process has been altered). That way, the community would not feel cut adrift.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

That isn't very reassuring for someone who uses this site.
    Will doing this work on cutting down the spammers as well?
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

A "cloud" s still a physical server located somewhere. Vbulletin is relatively secure if you keep it up to date, where it can fall down is the use of hacks to add features like "like" buttons. The software development only secures their own features and allowing 3rd party code opens the door to insecurity.

Applying updates should be easy but if you have a lot of hacks/modifications it gets more complex and time consuming. When I had my own vbulletin forum initially I added lot of features/hacks/mods over time I took them all out as I just didn't have time to edit with every update.