Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "LIKE" button, or lack of

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004

The "LIKE" button, or lack of

I've come to the conclusion that the lack of a "LIKE" button is the site's most serious problem.

Often, often, often I would like to "LIKE" something someone has said. Often, often, often I would like to "LIKE" something someone said nice about something I said. The "quote" really isn't a replacement. People don't use the quote (often) to put in a smiley face to show support or approval or whatever.

I think the lack of a "LIKE" button is the reason the site has so few "fun" threads. The site does great on real serious issues, and that is great. But it really needs fun threads to balance it out.

I think a "LIKE" button helps those who are too shy to contribute, to contribute. And maybe help them make the jump into introducing themselves and participating in a fuller fashion.

If there were a LIKE button, 1000 people on this site would LIKE this post, indicating that they, too, would like a LIKE button. If you don't see anyone hitting the LIKE button, that proves my point.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Not a feature of this software. We are not a Facebook clone.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN12many View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that the lack of a "LIKE" button is the site's most serious problem.

Often, often, often I would like to "LIKE" something someone has said. Often, often, often I would like to "LIKE" something someone said nice about something I said. The "quote" really isn't a replacement. People don't use the quote (often) to put in a smiley face to show support or approval or whatever.

I think the lack of a "LIKE" button is the reason the site has so few "fun" threads. The site does great on real serious issues, and that is great. But it really needs fun threads to balance it out.

I think a "LIKE" button helps those who are too shy to contribute, to contribute. And maybe help them make the jump into introducing themselves and participating in a fuller fashion.

If there were a LIKE button, 1000 people on this site would LIKE this post, indicating that they, too, would like a LIKE button. If you don't see anyone hitting the LIKE button, that proves my point.
    On this site you don't need a "like button," just come right out and say what you like or don't like about something posted. Then you may have to deal with the wrath of others who think you are out of line. But, so be it...stay true to your opinions, that is just the reality of the scrum on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    On this site you don't need a "like button," just come right out and say what you like or don't like about something posted. Then you may have to deal with the wrath of others who think you are out of line. But, so be it...stay true to your opinions, that is just the reality of the scrum on this site.

gjni
    I am coming out and saying what I think. I am following your advice when about a month and a half ago, you said site-improvement suggestions should be posted in this forum. I thought I would wait at least a month since others were saying that changes might be coming. And I do stay true to my opinions. This site has a major flaw - no like button. I generally avoid the controversial sites, so I don't usually have to deal with flack, but when I feel someone is abrupt with me, I can handle myself.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Not a feature of this software. We are not a Facebook clone.

(KLD)
    Not a Facebook clone. Kinda funny.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Washington DC area--------------------T3 complete
    I just hit my LIKE button ...

I only hit "Like" buttons that send me cash.

We won't be changing anything at this time because we are most probably moving the site to to the 'cloud'. This will include an upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin. After we do that, we can reassess.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN12many View Post
    Why doesn't the "Rate This Thread" feature work for you? Seems like it is like a like button. Hope that wasn't like to serious
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    We won't be changing anything at this time because we are most probably moving the site to to the 'cloud'. This will include an upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin. After we do that, we can reassess.
    "Moving the site to the 'cloud'?" Will that in any way change the way each of us accesses Care Cure Community?