Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cipro

cipro

hey ive been on cipro for 10 days for a uti, and 2 days later after finishing the course i get diarrhea, is it possible they are linked or does cipro cause diarrhea soon as you start taking them if it was going to affect you?
    if ti is linked how long would it last if you have already finished the course? thanks

With my experiences with strong antibiotics like Cipro, yes, I'd say that's the cause. You need to really load up on probiotics. I eat a lot acidophilus pills and yogurts.

Agree with the probiotics and hydration.

Cipro can cause antibiotic-associated diarrhea even after treatment is finished.

I got a c. diff infection after a course of Cipro. If the diarrhea lasts more than a few days contact your doctor. He can order a stool culture. If the results are positive there are other antibiotics to treat it. That sounds like throwing gasoline on a fire, but it usually works.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Agree with above posts
    i routinely prescribe acidophilus ( probiotic) when I order antibiotics

pbr

Eating rice is good to stop diarrhea. I prefer whole wheat brown rice. It is healthier.

thanks for the replies, i use peristeen and usually go a week without going to the toilet, it was only 2 days from doing my peristeen as well, ive had this before waking up 4am etc and having diarrhea for unexplained reasons but not alot, would i be ill if i had c diff? all i had was a few spasms and i could hear my gut while i was trying to get to sleep, other than that im fine, today ive only had toast for breakfast and just now some bread with a cup of tea, i really hope its not c diff :/ ive got basmati rice white will that be good? also btw i took some imodium instant's after i finished on the toilet last night is that ok?
    what kind of probiotics should i be looking at eating? like brand etc, thanks again

just wanted to add that what came out started off normal but what followed got worse, so to me seems like it was absorbing normally then as if i ate something funny and thats what came after pushing the normal stuff out?
    Last edited by rAdGie; 02-04-2017 at 02:08 PM.

I could smell the C Diff when I had it, but only a stool check will tell you for sure. Mine never became watery, but was very mucusy. (is that a word?)

What does c diff smell like?

Nurses often compare the c diff odor to ‘sweet, sickly baby poo’, ‘mouldy bread’, dead and decaying animal smells and similar comparisons. More mainstream medical journals compare the c diff smell to horse manure.

What does c diff diarrhea look like?

The c diff stool appearance when you have c diff diarrhea is usually watery, has a mucus like consistency (like nasal discharge when you have a bad cold) with shreds of solid matter in the flow. Other conditions can cause this so be aware that only a c diff test can confirm that you are excreting c diff toxin.
    C5/C6

If you have c. diff., it isn't a good idea to take an antidiarrheal.

Mild c. diff. symptoms are watery diarrhea several times a day with abdominal tenderness. More severe cases will present with fever, loss of appetite and watery diarrhea numerous times a day.

Good probiotics should contain at least:

• L. acidophilus
    • B. longum
    • B. bifidum

And may also contain (among others):

• L. rhamnosus.
    • L. fermentum

A couple good supplements are:
    Garden of Life Whole Food Probiotic and Colon Health Spplement - Raw Probiotics Colon Care Dietary Supplement
    Mega Flora Probiotics by Mega Foods
    Innovix Lab Multi Strain Probiotic
    Renew Life Ultimate Flora Critical Care

Eating yogurt/kefir, with active cultures is a good way to get additional probiotics in your diet.

The BRAT diet, bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast, is recommended when you have a bout of diarrhea.

the thing is i only go number 2 once a week so how will i know if its going to be runny or not? or have it longer than so many days as i dont go all the time to find out :/ i only took the one lot of imodium 2am this morning had not much to eat bread mainly, i have no idea if its c diff or just normal diarrhea.
    is there a yogurt or supplement that has all those you listed in i could just buy and eat one? thanks again.