Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Nurse KLD!!!

whoa, Hall of Fame?! amazing! best wishes!

Very impressive. Well done.

Thanks for doing what you do.

Your credentials indicate that you are a nurse extraordinaire. You are a one of a kind. God bless.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Dear KLD,

I've profoundly respected your well thought out and well researched posts here over the years. You've helped me a lot dealing with new injury from your specific suggestions, but also through the logic, rationality and calmness that you invariably bought to your solutions. So it wasn't just the specific advice, but also the way of thinking - of doing research, or not getting overwhelmed or panicking, of trying to keep a balance - that I found extremely helpful.

One characteristic post I remember from some years ago when a poster was asking about some mysterious symptoms that the doctors could not figure out. Anyway, KLD diagnosed a broken leg, which is exactly what it turned out to be.

And to be frank, it's awfully rare to see anybody write well on internet message boards!

But I'm sad that you are leaving the profession.

Moving on to a new phase in my life...it was time. I still intend to be an active moderator, along with the other 3 SCI-Nurses, here for the near future. Once i start to get out-dated in my knowledge of SCI care, I will move on from this too. Thank you for all the kind words. I will miss my colleagues at work, but most of all, by clients, many of whom I have worked with for 30 years or more.

(KLD)

Well, it is clear that you are a CareCure treasure.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

You will be missed, your advice is unfailingly spot on.

Very best to you in retirement. Glad you will stay active with CareCure as you are such a great resource!

Yes congrats KLD well deserved

pbr