Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new laptop ?

Yes, I want at least 500 SSD even better 1TB, 14" or 15.6" (non touch) OLED screen, very fast i-7 6770HQ or similar CPU,
    16 GB RAM, Illuminated Keyboard, good graphic card, long life battery... how much could be...where to find?
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Blog Entries
    If you are a new user with simple needs, starting with Apple might be okay. But switching from PC to Mac was the worst and most tragic decision of my technological life, with repercussions that have yet to end.

Quote Originally Posted by comad View Post
    Yes, I want at least 500 SSD even better 1TB, 14" or 15.6" (non touch) OLED screen, very fast i-7 6770HQ or similar CPU,
    16 GB RAM, Illuminated Keyboard, good graphic card, long life battery... how much could be...where to find?
    Newegg is a decent place to shop online... https://www.newegg.com

You can filter a search by all the specs you listed and more. Tough to get the machine you described for less than $1,000. Unless you build it yourself.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson

T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by McLaren87 View Post
    Whatever laptop you get, make sure you get one with an SSD and not a hard drive. Just type SSD vs HDD on youtube.
    so this wouldnt be a good one

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-15-ay0...Drive/51397788
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Sorry double post
    Last edited by wes4dbt; 02-15-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    It might be fine but it's hard to give advise when you haven't said what or why you want a laptop and what type of things you want to do with it. Do you want touch screen? Do you need a DVD player? Is performance a major factor?

Walmart is fine for a lot of things but personally I wouldn't buy my first laptop from them. I'd go to Best Buy or Costco so you could touch it, try it out, talk to someone and explain what your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairbarbie View Post
    I know this may not be a practical choice, but I'd recommend an Apple computer in the future. I've had mine for 8 years, and it still runs better than my 3 y/o PC.
    True that!
    I still use a PC , but my daughter has a refurbed MAC for over 7 years now and it never quits!

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    If you are a new user with simple needs, starting with Apple might be okay. But switching from PC to Mac was the worst and most tragic decision of my technological life, with repercussions that have yet to end.
    I had win for 20 years and switching to mac was a totally opposite exp. for me
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    I had win for 20 years and switching to mac was a totally opposite exp. for me
    I switched to Mac when Windows XP became obsolete. Very pleased with Mac.

I think a lot depends on what you are using the machine for .

I did pick up a mid-range Acer laptop with SSD and Windows 10 during the holiday season sales. It's not my main computer but I am pleased with it and like to stay familiar with both Windows and Mac platform.

Ok, anyone actually use a touch screen on a laptop? And anything newer/better than an i7 on the horizon? (I'm too lazy to look).

I was going to replace my 5? year old laptop a while ago, but after finding that i7's were still the best Intel had to offer, I just replaced the broken baseplate. The new baseplate is breaking again...and the question of new or fix comes up again, lol.