Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have or used the Grit Wheelchair?

These appeal.
    I have always thought that pushing front castors or a single wheel to be contrary to efficient movement. A trailing stabiliser wheel appears a better solution especially as the weight bias is on the larger leading drive wheels. If that rear shock is adjustable on the fly then so much better for going down inclines.

http://www.rollxvans.com/enjoy-summe...n-wheelchairs/

is your signature supposed to be at the bottom of your post or somewhere else? I do not see it

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I just watched some of the Grit videos. The Grit videos&pics clearly show their axle at a slightly minus CoG (axle position), which is critical for keeping weight on the front wheel.

I like my setup a lot better (dual axle and Dragonfly handcycle attachment). If you like, see my signature for pics.

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    is your signature supposed to be at the bottom of your post or somewhere else? I do not see it
    Found it

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    Look in "profile" click two links under 'signature'.
    You've got it going on Chas, looks good and from the hill in your pics, it looks like you need to beef up ride to make it happen. Nice designs.

Thanks! I worked years to figure out what I wanted (what would serve me best), and then years more to get it . The magic of the system is the second axle without which the Dragonfly is virtually useless; positioned on the everyday axle it doesn't even have enough traction to go up an ADA grade; positioned on the rear axle, it goes through grass, up that hill by my house, etc.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>