Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: environmental control unit?voice-activated

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    Amazon Echo is totally hands free... however if you have a mouth stylus, you could control a phone or tablet. I have a tablet that I can work with my homemade mouthstick stylus.
    If I used the Amazon Echo (hands-free), would that allow me to control my TV (power, volume, channels, Netflix, etc.)?

something that I use is a program on my computer that Works IR equipment is called IRcommand2 which you need to get a dongle like a USB-UIRT IR emitter. Will also need Dragon professional individual for voice controls, and then you can use the Amazon echo to control the lights, etc. between the boat that those they are totally configured easily.

And the annoying thing with Amazon Cuba is when watching TV is having to repeat "Amazon moved down" "Amazon moves right" "Amazon scroll right" etc. etc. they need to have a setting to be able to leave The microphone on It so you don't Have to be keep repeating, plus I found that the remote control is RF which I have Look into more of what dongle's will work with the IRcommand. I have found an IR receiver that does control the Cube with an IR remote.
    Last edited by crppled007; 05-03-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    I have a Harmony Hub in my living room. Using voice commands with the Amazon Echo in my living room I can turn the living room TV on, off or mute, as well as turning on my Roku player going to Netflix, HBO, Showtime, etc. I can also turn on my AVR by voice, as well as my DVD player.
    I was wondering if you knew whether or not the Echo Dot would also work with the Harmony Hub?

Echo Dot is no different than the other Echo's. They just have lower quality sound output. It will work as well as other Echo's.

Quote Originally Posted by tinern View Post
    I was wondering if you knew whether or not the Echo Dot would also work with the Harmony Hub?
    I'm struggling with setting up my equipment. I purchased a Harmony Hub and the Echo Dot. I have a Samsung Smart TV 43 inch nu 6900 series 2160p 4k and DirecTV
    I want to access my Amazon Prime Video.
    I purchased everything at Best Buy. I told the salesman I needed everything to be hands-free. He originally was directed to a Fire Stick. I would love any input. I very technology
    challenged.

I've been having a problem getting my TV to turn via voice lately. As soon as I figure it out, I'll try to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    I've been having a problem getting my TV to turn via voice lately. As soon as I figure it out, I'll try to help you out.
    I contacted Harmony customer support, and they told me my television did not support any activity for Prime Video. So they want me to give them a step-by-step of the process, with my television remote. They are going to determine if they can create an activity to accomplish this. Fingers crossed!
    Good luck with your troubleshooting. I appreciate your feedback.