Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: environmental control unit?voice-activated

First, you will need to find which devices work with the Amazon Echo. The Logitech Harmony Hub will work with the Echo via voice commands. However, I think you will need a smart phone or a tablet to set everything up. Click HERE. When I have time I will make a YouTube video on what needs to be done to get Alexa to work with the Harmony Hub.
    Rock bottom is relative to how high you bounce when you hit.
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I'm a Quad C3/4 on a vent. I've used a Quartet ECU w/voice control for 21 years. It's starting too mess up a lot I mainly only use it for TV and Directv control. Anybody have any ideas for something else that is a lot less expensive than trying too replace my ECU?

I'm very intimidated by technology. I did not feel confident enough to rely on a system that is fueled by Wi-Fi I chose a system that runs independently, without any Internet/Wi-Fi influence. You potentially could use some of the equipment that you already have. Here is a website for you to look at:
    https://www.ablenetinc.com/pilot-pro
    They have very good customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by money520 View Post
    I'm a Quad C3/4 on a vent. I've used a Quartet ECU w/voice control for 21 years. It's starting too mess up a lot I mainly only use it for TV and Directv control. Anybody have any ideas for something else that is a lot less expensive than trying too replace my ECU?
    I would look at the Amazon Echo Plus. Amazon Prime members can pre-order now. The item will be released on October 31, 2017. Priced at $149, it should not break the bank!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075RWFCHB...ods_fs_aucc_sr
    Last edited by PN; 10-07-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by tinern View Post
    I'm very intimidated by technology. I did not feel confident enough to rely on a system that is fueled by Wi-Fi I chose a system that runs independently, without any Internet/Wi-Fi influence. You potentially could use some of the equipment that you already have. Here is a website for you to look at:
    https://www.ablenetinc.com/pilot-pro
    They have very good customer support.
    I, also, am intimidated by technology. I am ashamed to admit that I barely know how to use anything. One thing I do know is that I can't afford these environmental control units. Looks like my only choice will be to go with Amazon or something. I wonder if Amazon Echo works with Comcast/Xfinity, and can just turn a radio on and off.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I found setting up the Google Home (right out-of-the-box) was a little easier than the Amazon Echo. It will require some tech know-how to get these devices to work with your TV/home theater, lights, etc. You can also use it as a standalone device. You can now make calls to cell phones and land lines with the Amazon Echo. You will not be able to call 911. This gives the Echo some parity with the Google Home. To get started with the Amazon Echo or the Google Home, you will need to use a tablet or a smart phone. To make phone calls with the Amazon Echo (iPad will not work) you will need a smart phone for the initial set up. If you do not have a smart phone then you can borrow one. After that, you can start making phone calls through the Amazon Echo. Keep in mind this will be a speaker phone. I see no way to connect a headset to either device. The Google Home automatically syncs with your Google contacts. Therefore, you can use a tablet or a smart phone when setting the device up.

Finally, if you have a question that needs to be answered there is help on the Amazon website. Go to, Customer Questions & Answers. Scroll down to find the Q&A.
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

If you look at the contact information on the link that I posted, there is a gentleman by the name of Tom listed. I would not be afraid to contact him, because he may have a demonstrator that could be sold to you at a lower price. Good luck!