Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Astonishing powerchair!

Just a caution, you should consider use of the standing feature for either of these chairs the same as using a standing frame. If you have not been standing for a long time, or are a long time post injury, you should consult with your provider and perhaps have a DEXA scan to be sure that your leg bone osteoporosis does not make standing dangerous. I have seen fracture just from passive standing in those who did this without getting clearance.

Passive leg weight bearing has not been shown to either prevent nor treat osteoporosis in those with SCI/D.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    Thanks KLD for the caution. My doctor thinks I still will be okay to stand. I am curious if you associate that risk with the integrity of the surrounding tissue if an otherwise relatively robust person without very atrophied muscles might do better
    Last edited by Random; 05-14-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    I am having no luck contacting this company. This is very time sensitive for me. Would any more local European be able to see if they still exist and if they distribute in the United States?

Did you try this phone number (listed on their website): USA toll free: 1-844-887-0723
    the company is in Germany, so I suspect you need to call during their business hours.and this as their e-mail: sales@paravan.de

https://www.paravan.de/en/product-solutions/power-wheelchairs/pr-biolution-standing-wheelchair.html

I don't see any indication that they have sales in the USA yet. FDA approval of this (as a medical device) can take some time.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Passive leg weight bearing has not been shown to either prevent nor treat osteoporosis in those with SCI/D.
    (KLD)
    What's the current thinking on dynamic standing like the easy stand glider? They have numerous articles claiming efficacy. Are there accepted means for preventing osteoporosis?

I use a Tek-RMD regularly and a glider. Plan on a standing chair soon for giving presentations.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Blog Entries
    I called the US number and got Germany, talked to a nice guy from Doylestown PA who said they expect FDA approval in perhaps six months. They do vehicle stuff with dealers all around the US.