Thread: Stomach Pain

Stomach Pain

Is it possible for me to feel when my stomach hurts? I'm a T3 complete paraplegic

Quote Originally Posted by NaniB View Post
    Is it possible for me to feel when my stomach hurts? I'm a T3 complete paraplegic
    Do you mean normally, as you did before the injury? That depends on what nerves remain connected between your spinal cord above the injury and your cord below the injury.

You can definitely have the sensation of stomach or other organ pain caused by neuropathic pain. My organs hurt, like my skin, muscles, shoulder blades and vertebrae, etc., and it's all neuropathic pain.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by NaniB View Post
    Please keep in mind we are all different, and identical injuries are not identical at all.
    It will take some time and some effort to get your brain tuned in with your body. It won't be perfect and won't be as easy as before but if you pay attention you'll be able to tell when something is not right. Some people can feel a stomach ache, some can barely feel hunger. Your body will find a way to talk to you; it may be having a slight headache suddenly come on, a clammy fever-like feeling, or maybe your hands or fingers feel like they are ice cold when they aren't. You shouldn't brush anything off as "neuropathic" until you have some confidence in telling the difference. I woke up one morning with a bit of headache my first thought was needing to be catheterized but I could tell there was a heavy feeling in my legs. My wife checked my legs and found one foot crossed over the top of the other foot. I have no feelings in my legs, I have no idea where they are, probably had a muscle spasm while I was sleeping, but the heavy feeling stopped shortly after she uncrossed my feet and the headache stopped a few minutes later.

Unfortunately, for now, getting better in tune with your body's feedback is the most significant improvement you'll have.
    please . . .test what you already know; and give us what you have. we may not be dying, but we certainly are not living either