Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sliding board issues any suggestions?

Dude, you got old. Haven't you seen all the jokes about old men and old women and the things that "hang low". There's even a song about it. "Hang low, sweet cheerios." I don't get out of bed anymore without my compression undies.

Thank God for getting old I guess what is the alternative?
    ^^(A)^^

I have used an ultraslick since 02. At first. Sliding was a no brainer. I did learn to keep it clean. Use nothing but a drop of Dawn and cold water. That lasted for years. One day I had a Bounce fabric softner stuck to my shorts and damn near went over the arm rest. Since than. As long as no skin oil, or oil of any kind is on the board. Now I use the Bounce every other day. I use Bounce on my shorts after washing to.

glad for all the info my board for some reason now sticks and does not slide like it use to i wonder if the fact its my orginal 1 has anything do do with but i bought some pledge you guys are so great on info

We also Pledge the vinyl seats in our van, makes them much easier to move around on.

When I use a slide-board I like something between me and the board. Like this
    Or even a thin cheap dining chair pad

I use this board http://www.scanmedical.com/transferboard.htm

Great advice about the Pledge. I will definitely give it a try. As for the Tamarack strips - I bought some several years ago. I applied them to 2 of my boards an tried them out. Worked great for a couple of weeks until they started peel off. Ended up being a waste of money. As always, appreciate everyone's advice!

Quote Originally Posted by StephenD View Post
    One trick that I use is to sit on an old t-shirt that I set on top of the board. That way you slide over while the t-shirt glides across the surface of the board.
    I do this when transferring after a shower, etc, either with a t-shirt or a pillow case.

ive been using pledge for yrs, was suggested by our own member Andy. works great. however, boards don't last forever. I get new about every 1.5 yrs. ADI is best I have found, has anti slip on one end. little triuck I use transferring out of chair- ALWAYS place board between cushion and seat not under butt, it will not move this way.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

are u just wiping the board down with the bounce softner?
    Quote Originally Posted by phlirv View Post
    I have used an ultraslick since 02. At first. Sliding was a no brainer. I did learn to keep it clean. Use nothing but a drop of Dawn and cold water. That lasted for years. One day I had a Bounce fabric softner stuck to my shorts and damn near went over the arm rest. Since than. As long as no skin oil, or oil of any kind is on the board. Now I use the Bounce every other day. I use Bounce on my shorts after washing to.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer