My father was recently injured on 1/3/17 with an incomplete C3. He lives in Florida and is at a hospital in Florida. He has been at the hospital since 1/3. He had decompression surgery on 1/11. He was scheduled to go to the Shepherd Center on 1/25, as that was their first available bed. However I just found out his admission date has been pushed back until 1/30. We have looked into other top facilities too, but they have even later admission dates. His current hospital is telling him he's leaving on 1/25 no matter what Shepherds admission date is. The current hospital has arranged a local "back-up" facility instead of Shepherd for my father. However this backup option is only 3 weeks long for inpatient and doesn't have the specialization for sci. Would you continue to push and wait for Shepherd on 1/30?
(I should add that I have been informed that starting at one local rehab facility and then transferring to a specialized sci rehab doesn't typically work well with insurance, so we don't think that's a good option)

we are also getting concered that the delay in beginning his rehab may delay his rehabilitation in the long run...