Thread: Aquilla cushion

Aquilla cushion

Has anyone had any experience with Airpulse PK2 cushion from Aquilla? I have an ischial pressue ulcer and this is the cushion my plastic surgeon recommended. I am currently on a roho but has used Jay in past.
    thanks Dan

We do not use or recommend this. Results of pressure evaluation were poor. We do not allow sitting at all with an ischial pressure ulcer, unless it is determined to be one that is chronic (will never heal) and cannot be surgically repaired. In that case we will usually do a custom Ride cushion.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    We do not use or recommend this. Results of pressure evaluation were poor. We do not allow sitting at all with an ischial pressure ulcer, unless it is determined to be one that is chronic (will never heal) and cannot be surgically repaired. In that case we will usually do a custom Ride cushion.

(KLD)
    She has it right. I tossed mine in the junk. Was asked to join a law suit against them. The Ride Custom was the only answer for me. Has been discussed here before.

I am sitting for a limited period of time now and am facing flap surgery in the next month. Looking for a cushion that will prevent further problems. Have been quadriplegic for almost 50 years and this is the first time I have had significant breakdown.

We would not have you sitting at all prior to a flap.

(KLD)

thanks foor your replies.

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    Martin Luther King Jr.