Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wintertime Blues

I hate the short daylight periods of the winter months. I do not think I could survive an Alaskan winter. However my mood is on the upswing now. According to the sunrise-sunset charts we have 20 minutes more of daylight than we did this past December 22 here in Columbia. We are over the hump and things are looking brighter. Besides we have had three 80F degree days during the past week. I have been able to enjoy the outdoors a lot because winter has not happened so far this year.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I have to admit - the weather has been much better in January than it was in frigid December. Titanium4motion just described a typical working day when I was working - lol!
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Double post.

I wonder if those UV lights really work?

Going to start another project .. I want to grow a coral reef in an aquarium. Just a small one.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 01-19-2017 at 07:25 PM.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Winter sucked even more before I was hurt. I was an ironworker. Go sit on a beam in winter. Wind blowing up your ass. Plowing through snow, with soaking wet hands all day. Now at least I can sit in side and wrap up in an electric blanket to stay warm.

It's been scientifically proven that last Monday (3rd Monday of January) is the most depressing day of the year!

Myself, I effing hate putting on my long johns in the morning. I can't wait for shorts season, it's so easy to get dressed!

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    We are over the hump and things are looking brighter. Besides we have had three 80F degree days during the past week.
    Sure sure, taunt us with that 80F. And yep, nice we are on the longer days thing finally after the dark of December

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I wonder if those UV lights really work?

Going to start another project .. I want to grow a coral reef in an aquarium. Just a small one.
    Thanks for a reminder about lights, just remembered I do have a small home brew light setup I used in prior years to test out different grass cultivars before spring...I have a hankering for cherry tomatoes with no good south facing windows for light. But I'll bet that lamp will work...yum, and a possible winter hobby of which I am lacking this year

February!

January is over.

It's February! Spring next month!

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    January is over.

It's February! Spring next month!

Ti
    We will see what the groundhog says tomorrow.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

On the North West coast it rains till July, then it turns awesome for 4 months.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

I found out what SAD was when I lived in Minnesota. Believe me, it is not fun. I would choose death rather than move back. I had a light, but it did nothing to help.
    C5/C6