Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In dwelling Foley catheter

I use everything. It depends on what my daily situation. If im going to be some place i can cath, i will do an IC. I tend to use foley most of the time. I have tried to switch to confom, but it doesnt stay on well.

What external condom catheters have you used? How do you clean and prepare your skin for application? Are you very obese? Do you have problems with penis retraction?

Using an indwelling catheter most of the time would explain why you may have a very small bladder capacity and leak between catheterizations when managing your bladder with intermittent catheterization, esp. if you are not taking any anticholenergic medications.

(KLD)

Coloplast external. Soap water and tape. Not obese. No retraction.

Is this a self adhesive external condom catheter? Are you making sure that the soap you use has no perfumes or moisturizers? Are you using some type of skin protective wipe under the external on your skin?

(KLD)

Self adhesive. I'll check the soaps

So do you inflate your own? If you switch between ic and Foley how do you only change it every 3-4 weeks. Do you take it out, wash, dry and reuse a Foley?
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderthistle View Post
    So do you inflate your own? If you switch between ic and Foley how do you only change it every 3-4 weeks. Do you take it out, wash, dry and reuse a Foley?
    Reusing a foley catheter, in...out...in...out isn't a good practice.

I definitely do not recommend reusing a foley. You are asking for trouble.
    ckf

I wasn't suggesting anyone reuse one. The op indicated in this post or another that the Foley was only changed out every 3-4 weeks. If they're alternating I was just wondering how it was only changed every 3-4 weeks working with ic and Foley.

I was confused about the logistics? Mechanics? Process?
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Some people with SCI use intermittent catheterization during the day and will use an indwelling foley at night for bladder management.Is that what you are referring to?

pbr