Thread: Free, Massive VR exercise trial needed

Lightbulb Free, Massive VR exercise trial needed

Virtual or Augmented Reality supported exercise can make day / night difference for Incomplete SCI injuries.

Referring to Sao Paolo, Brazil trial, it is obvious that virtual Reality component is adding something substantial and important for brain and spinal cord to jump faster with re-wiring in effort to send signals to patient limbs.
    For complete injured patients scientists had to use cap with special sensors to pick-up signals directly from the brain ? as signals can not by-pass injured site. Sao Paolo trial shows amazing results. All 12 complete injured SCI patientsin this trial improved a lot and the most of them start to voluntary move their legs.

Incomplete injuries should be even easier to train using VR component with no need to use a cap to pick-up signals.

In lot of cases, Incomplete injured patient have signals by-passing injured site, but they are just too weak to contract muscles and move their limbs. Sensors (wi-fi) can be attached on the skin should be able to pick up these nerve signals and to supply program that would run VR module with augmented reality showing legs movement.
    Depend on level of mobility of incomplete injured person, different modes of support would be applied. In some cases just parallel bars will be enough. Gait support walking (ZeroG or similar) and in some cases Lokomat or even robotic suite (Hal or KeeoGo ? suites able to pick up and amplify weak signals) should be adjusted to work in accordance with program and VR module.

This VR component combined with gait supported walking or robotic suite might be the holy grail for future physical rehabilitation.

Even simplified VR program without use of sensors should help incomplete SCI in rehab. Nobody knows without trial.

That?s why we need an exercise program created with Virtual Reality - set of sitting / standing / walking / hand exercises available on google cardboard & smart phone for free massive VR trial. We need it Yesterday!!!

References: MiracleofWalk.com
    (Sao Paolo Trial) (VR future) (Affordable VR coming) (VR Therapy already) (VRT 2)
    (VR help strokers fo move again) (VR strokers) (Scientifically explained) (AR scientific)
    (VR Gaming ? arm aralysis therapy)
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

So it works for both complete and incomplete? I thought that in their initial trial the patient that got the best outcome is a 13 year post complete paraplegic woman, which went from AIS A to C.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    So it works for both complete and incomplete? I thought that in their initial trial the patient that got the best outcome is a 13 year post complete paraplegic woman, which went from AIS A to C.
    Yes, according to trial - only complete injuries were involved.
    For incomplete, we might wait year, two ...who knows to someone put things together.
    Virtual Reality tricks brain (see some references under my text) and increase chance of success with exercises.
    Lot of young, talented programmers are creating VR programs, games, etc.
    We need someone to make set of exercises for us in VR with different levels.
    As VR googles are not problem to get (even smartphone + cardboard googles),
    this will be huge step to so many self inflicted "trials" for incompletes...
    I would be among the first ones to use VR SCI exercise program
    as I believe this would help me only and can not make any harm.
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Saint Augustine

Is this trial still recruiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Steaksauce View Post
    Is this trial still recruiting?
    what trial?

Sao Paolo in Brazil trial is over unless they are working on something new.
    This Brazil trial had only complete injury SCI participants and they all improved a lot.

In this Post I am proposing "Trial(s)" based on Idea that Incomplete SCI injuries might
    benefit even more using combination of Virtual Reality program and Gait supported walking exercise.
    As relatively easy access to gait supported training and VR head set's is available and absolutely no harm that can be done
    even in self testing.
    Only component missing is that specific exercise VR program / App that should be developed as soon as possible,
    to start number's of individual "Trials", without unnecessary waiting for any official Trial.
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Saint Augustine

Just received private message with a question I found interesting and I am posting it here with no ID of author:

I invite you all interested in this tpic to discuss publicly here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been following posts on virtual reality wanted to throw this out there.

I know very little about software development, virtual-reality, Brain Machine Interfaces and how it all works together but it seems to me that all the technology is there, is relatively cheap, and it just needs to be pieced together.

BRAIN MACHINE INTERFACE:

https://www.emotiv.com/epoc/

DEVELOPERS:

https://www.emotiv.com/developer/

HACKERHAND:

https://backyardbrains.com/products/HackerHand

So if I can use my brain ways to control that Hackerhand can you use your brain ways to control movement of your lower body?

What pieces are still needed?
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Saint Augustine

Has anybody tried using a VR headset while in a standing frame? I plan on doing this once I get one. I am c6 ais C and while I watch gopro helmet cam videos of motocross races I automatically start trying to move my legs and core like I was the one riding.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

where do you start

I am not a software developer and have no idea what would be involved with something like this, but with all the free open source software out there and developers that contribute time do something like this it would not seem to be that far out of the realm of possibility.

I think you need a starting point. I would start by finding a software developer or someone that has any level knowledge to do something like this and see if you can get them to draw a Scope of Work. You need a starting point. something that defines the project, but also has the input of a software developer or someone that has some concept or idea how to make reality.

it would be a great cause. Just need to find somebody knows what they are doing and can see the benefits their work would provide. Find one or two motivated people in the right places and you get the snowball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by comad View Post
    Just received private message with a question I found interesting and I am posting it here with no ID of author:

I invite you all interested in this tpic to discuss publicly here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been following posts on virtual reality wanted to throw this out there.

I know very little about software development, virtual-reality, Brain Machine Interfaces and how it all works together but it seems to me that all the technology is there, is relatively cheap, and it just needs to be pieced together.

BRAIN MACHINE INTERFACE:

https://www.emotiv.com/epoc/

DEVELOPERS:

https://www.emotiv.com/developer/

HACKERHAND:

https://backyardbrains.com/products/HackerHand

So if I can use my brain ways to control that Hackerhand can you use your brain ways to control movement of your lower body?

What pieces are still needed?

Hi,
    I agree that here can be great opportunity with Virtual Reality exercise software development...
    One need to figure out how to make software people to talk with physiotherapist(s) experienced with
    gait supported walking exercise for SCI. This process require team of collaborators and some
    investment. I am sure would be possible to find investors through crowdfunding...
    I wish I can jump immediately into this as I neeeeeeed this software to make difference with my exercise.
    Unfortunately with my working / parenting duties I can move with this not faster than Flash in Zootopia...

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESRRR View Post
    I am not a software developer and have no idea what would be involved with something like this, but with all the free open source software out there and developers that contribute time do something like this it would not seem to be that far out of the realm of possibility.

I think you need a starting point. I would start by finding a software developer or someone that has any level knowledge to do something like this and see if you can get them to draw a Scope of Work. You need a starting point. something that defines the project, but also has the input of a software developer or someone that has some concept or idea how to make reality.

it would be a great cause. Just need to find somebody knows what they are doing and can see the benefits their work would provide. Find one or two motivated people in the right places and you get the snowball rolling.
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Saint Augustine