Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of tube is this?

What kind of tube is this?

What kind of tube is this with the long threaded Schrader valve stem?

Where do you buy them? Where online? I checked Sport Aid and did not find them there?

This is for a 25-540 tire, tube 24 x 1.

Ti
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Blog Entries
    I get Schwalbe tubes with stems like that from my local bike store. Stems are shiny steel though, not brass colored, but they are full sized threaded stems like those.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

They look like Schwalbe to me. Look at the green AV https://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/tubes/finder
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

That type of tube costs a bit more, but worth every penny.

I use them. I've had blowouts with lesser tubes. Schwalbe tubes have never blown out on me .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I like the metal valve stems with the locking nut. It makes installation and adding air easier.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Nice looking tube. Put in inside a Schwalbe Marathon Evo tires and your chances of a flat are next to nill. For that matter, Schwalbe Marathon Evo's are so thick that they can prevent flats regardless of which tube you use.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Nice looking tube. Put in inside a Schwalbe Marathon Evo tires and your chances of a flat are next to nill. For that matter, Schwalbe Marathon Evo's are so thick that they can prevent flats regardless of which tube you use.
    I've been running those tubes and Marathons since 2008. One flat, ran over a nail while installing hardwood floors in my house. Original tires and one original tube still going strong 8 years later.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    They run out of stock quite often, so I always keep a couple on hand.
    https://www.schwalbetires.com/tube_f...ager_element=0

I too run the Schwalbe tubes and ordered a dozen five years ago. I use them on my handcycle as well, never have had a flat, chairs or cycle - knock on wood. The spares I keep hidden in a cool dark place because something tells me I will have them a long long time.

Like Dale said, the Schwalbe valve stems are steel in color, the ones Ti linked to appear to be the Kenda version. No link, I've boughten them at random bike shops while travelling as spares for my rugby chair.

It's this?
    Lots of online sellers. I copied one.

https://www.biketiresdirect.com/prod...FQGsaQodIFwLjg