Thread: apple cider vinegar with the mother (Braggs Farm)

Question apple cider vinegar with the mother (Braggs Farm)

First new here. My 28 year son became paralyzed below the chest due to staph infection back in August. His mother and I are now his caregiver and living with him at his house. He has had three UTIs in last month and antibiotics quickly take care of them. We were told by another paralyzed subject (8 years) at his rehab to take a shot of Braggs apple cider vinegar in the morning and he claims he hasn't had one in seven years. The urologist said the usual cranberry juice but he said the vinegar may work. Just wondering if anyone else heard of this or does it, thanks.

Yes, if you can tolerate the apple cider vinegar it does help some people. Not everyone responds to it so give it three months and see how your son does on it.

My urologist believes that cranberry juice is just wasted calories and says that if you can afford it, do the cranberry pills instead. The pills are quite expensive.

However, if you are not incorporating a clean urological technique than doing all the prophylactic stuff will not stop an infection.

Quote Originally Posted by watty62 View Post
    First new here. My 28 year son became paralyzed below the chest due to staph infection back in August. His mother and I are now his caregiver and living with him at his house. He has had three UTIs in last month and antibiotics quickly take care of them. We were told by another paralyzed subject (8 years) at his rehab to take a shot of Braggs apple cider vinegar in the morning and he claims he hasn't had one in seven years. The urologist said the usual cranberry juice but he said the vinegar may work. Just wondering if anyone else heard of this or does it, thanks.
    How does he manage his bladder...intermittent catheter, urethral catheter, supra pubic catheter, or external catheter?
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-13-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Cranberry pills works for me. I used have frequent UTI. I haven't had one (knock on the wood) since I started taking daily cranberry pills 2 years ago. I get big bottles from Costco.

He caths every four hours with self contained kit and thanks for info

What is the organism causing the UTI? Concentrated cranberry extract (& D-mannose) help E. Coli. Methanamine might help others by changing pH . I don't think a tablespoon of ACV once or twice a day is enough to make a difference but it certainly won't hurt you. Does he like onions, tomatoes and cucumbers- mix it with the apple cider vinegar and it makes a great salad.
    CWO

Thank you for reply I am not sure what organism but will find out especially if he gets another, will pick up the cranberry for him also,

Good luck on all your efforts.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.