Thread: Mucus in urine iron tablets

Mucus in urine iron tablets

My doctor has put me on iron tablets for borderline Anaemia and since I have been taking them I have noticed Mucus in my urine. I do not feel like I have a UTI but I have never had this before, has anyone else had this problem and could the iron tablets be to blame ?...................

Quote Originally Posted by Ragersilver View Post
    My doctor has put me on iron tablets for borderline Anaemia and since I have been taking them I have noticed Mucus in my urine. I do not feel like I have a UTI but I have never had this before, has anyone else had this problem and could the iron tablets be to blame ?...................
    Mucus in the urine is usually a sign of a UTI or irritation/inflammation of the urinary tract. I can't see the iron producing the mucus.

Sorry I did not explain myself very well, I used a liquid iron supplement called SPATONE which you mix with a glass of water and drink it because the tablets constipated me. I am thinking this stuff went straight to my bladder and caused havoc?........................................

Nothing goes straight to your bladder- it has to be filtered through the kidneys. It is metabolized through, very little through the kidneys..I would drink more water and see if it disappears.
    I like the chewable iron- chocolate - myself.

CWO