Thread: Wound care bed

Wound care bed

I'm in kind of a bind here, need to replace my Hill Rom Clinitron bed with something new really soon.

They (Hill Rom) put me in this same position last year and I ended up spending three months in the hospital for wound care. I don't want to do that again and was hoping for some recommendations on a good high-quality wound care prevention bed/mattress.

The bed they put me on last year when they wanted to replace my Clinitron was a Hill Rom VCP500 and that didn't work for me at all. Does anyone have any experience with the Dolphin FIS bed? I'm also looking at the Invacare? microAIR? 90Z series and the Hill Rom Synergy Air Elite. Thanks

I'm a 46 year old C7 complete 23 years post injury. If you don't mind me asking a few questions. Why are you getting rid of the Clinitron? Do you have any open sores? I've used many of the ones in your post but they don't compare to the Clinitron when it comes to healing. I've had the muscle flap surgeries over the pat ten years so I know how you're feeling right now. If you could explain your situation to me a little bit more in depth I think I might be able to help you.

I had a lot of issues with both Hill Rom and my insurance provider with getting and keeping a Clinitron for my use. I ended up getting a used on online and use it now. To that end, I've started a non-profit charitable organization that acquires used beds and, with the help of a specialized medical equipment company, we refurbish them and donate them back to patients who have a need but are encountering some type of barrier in getting what they need. The DME company I work with also has a staff of wound care nurses to asses the situation to determine what exactly you would need.

If you are still in need of assistance, feel free to contact me and we can pursue this further. I hope I can help. Thanks.