Thread: add electric motor to handcycle

add electric motor to handcycle

I have an older freedom Ryder. I cannot ride it uphill if the inclination is a little steep. Does anyone with experience adding electric motor to a handcycle? Or had installed a electric bicycle kit in a handcycle. Appreciate you can share such experience and recommendation. A new handcycle with the electric motor option is too expensive for me.

Hey. I did add a motor to an off-road hand cycle. It worked great and was pretty easy.
    I had purchased the wheel from ciclotek in Spain thrumtheir site, tho today I guess you have a wide choice in China thou Ali express, and they ship everywhere.
    i installed it on my front wheel, with very little modifications needed: since the wheel wa quite wide, I needed to change some spacers etc...
    nothing that a good bike shop can't help you with.

there are some superb 1000 and 2000watt engines out there... you could go really crazy.

good luck

I've been doing more recent quad elite builds with the bionx 500, its a beast.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

One of our members designed this, not sure if still available- http://roadracepowerpod.com/power-pod.html