Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flying to San Diego

Excuse me, but there is NO TRAIN that goes along the coast from La Jolla to downtown San Diego, not through a swamp or along the beach, or otherwise. If you blink, you miss it passing over the channelized San Diego River (full of homeless camps). The Coaster from Sorrento Valley to downtown also does NOT RUN ALONG THE COAST, although you can get a glimpse of Mission Bay (not a swamp) between Balboa Ave and Hwy 8.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Excuse me, but there is NO TRAIN that goes along the coast from La Jolla to downtown San Diego, not through a swamp or along the beach, or otherwise. If you blink, you miss it passing over the channelized San Diego River (full of homeless camps). The Coaster from Sorrento Valley to downtown also does NOT RUN ALONG THE COAST, although you can get a glimpse of Mission Bay (not a swamp) between Balboa Ave and Hwy 8.

(KLD)
    Excuse me? That's a little interesting to way of posting, DeadEye and I have talked. We have exchanged thoughts and ideas. it's a better way to get information to him he can use.

He also has my phone number and email because I can share with him experience you can't because we are both power chair users with dogs.

He understands what I am talking about.

My response was not for you...

You are not helping him by giving him inaccurate, WRONG information about my city! I also have lived here for many years, and worked with many members of the disability community, including assistance dogs users, and power and manual wheelchair users, in addition to having a mother who was a full time power wheelchair user. Not that being a wheelchair user gives you license to give him inaccurate information...

(KLD)

DeadEye: Hope you are doing ok so sorry for what happen...

Thought I would post some pictures from the train for you and others heading to San Diego.

The best thing was how accessible Amtrak/Coaster train was and so much to see and do for only $5.00

Coaster schedule for the curious: http://m.gonctd.com/coaster-map/
    BTW, a couple of those are probably called wetlands.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Coaster schedule for the curious: http://m.gonctd.com/coaster-map/
    BTW, a couple of those are probably called wetlands.
    I think your right its right as you roll out of San Diego Amtrak going north.

The friends that we went with told us they use to kayak inland all the way to the ocean back in the day.

Very pretty and scenic from the train.

DeadEye have a great trip and you have my number if you need direction or help!

Cant wait to hear about your adventures!!

Those lagoons are well north of La Jolla, so unless you are taking the Coaster to Oceanside, you will not see them. You get a small glimpse of Mission Bay (a dregged out swampland) from the train just north of Old Town along the Amtrak and Coaster tracks, but as above, the train does not go along the beach between downtown and La Jolla.

(KLD)

.... the train does not go along the beach between downtown and La Jolla.(KLD)
    It's easy to see KLD is correct on this using google maps.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Those lagoons are well north of La Jolla, so unless you are taking the Coaster to Oceanside, you will not see them. You get a small glimpse of Mission Bay (a dregged out swampland) from the train just north of Old Town along the Amtrak and Coaster tracks, but as above, the train does not go along the beach between downtown and La Jolla.

(KLD)
    Your kind of beating a dead horse not being disabled you have no idea how cool taking Amtrak is for our community. It doesn't mater you seem to have this way of trying to prove something which is so interesting...

Are you here for us and to help others travel?

Simply put its a great value for $5.00 very accessible and great way to get around if your not renting a van vs all the tourist spots you pointed out.