Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quad Belly help

Scott, you can have very little fat but enough to cover your abs
    I have a friend that is a C-5 C6 and hit a skinny as hell. When he lifts his ass off the seat you can see his abs clearly.
    I know a little bit about exercise / human body because I was a personal trainer before my injury - In order to see your abs you have to have very low body fat.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Quad belly and being fat are different things. We're not trying to get 6 packs. Atrophied abdominal muscles allows the stomach to protrude. Fat just adds to problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    Atrophied abdominal muscles allows the stomach to protrude. Fat just adds to problem.
    yes, and there is no way to get your muscles back even w/ stim

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    yes, and there is no way to get your muscles back even w/ stim
    That might be true but I want to see for myself and I have nothing else to do, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    That might be true but I want to see for myself and I have nothing else to do, so...
    Go at it man, let us know your results

Crunches or simulated crunches and estim have helped me not have a huge quad belly but I think a 6 pack is out of the question for most of us.
    ^^(A)^^

I've began using my ems device but I'm not sure that the settings are correct. I've watched videos on youtube and my muscles don't seem to be reacting quite like others. I realize that my abdominal muscles are atrophied but I think that I should get more response form my machine. Does anyone know what the settings should be set on for abdominal stimming?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Never mind, I found the correct settings... and boy are my abs tensing now when using the ems. In case anyone is interested, here are the settings that I am using.

Muscle Build-up Training
    Program: Synchronous
    Frequency: 45 Hz
    Pulse Duration: 300 ?s
    Ramp: 3 seconds
    Contraction Duration: 15 seconds
    Pause: 15-30 seconds
    Application Duration: 3-5 minutes; may be repeated several times daily
    Last edited by Scott C4/5; 05-07-2017 at 11:34 PM.

Scott, what kind of machine are you using? Company? Model? ect. thank youuuu

I've recently started measuring my waist to try and see the impact of dieting on shape as well as weight. 3 measurements a day, morning before hoist, morning after FES bike ride, evening after transfer to bed.

Managed to drop about 6cm average by cutting out bread and dairy, only use lactofree milk, peppermint tea in the afternoon and that drop is almost certainly just bloating now gone.

Measurements are far closer now but what is interesting is that my 2 morning ones are close but my waist reduces through the day, I thought that it would get bigger as everything sank down with gravity. Weirdly my jeans seem tighter, belly looks bigger but the tape can't lie. We had to standardise how we measure, same place on waist, me totally flat on bed, any bend and reading changed.

Dieting will continue but might try stim as well, FES bike doesn't burn enough calories!