Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: travel cushion

just took a 3 hour drive with the roho on the seat came home checked my butt there was some pink color in spots but went away in 5 minutes i guess possibly thats normal
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I can't use a low profile on my everyday chair, it doesn't off load my ischials enough, at all! I have to use a contour, or a high profile, or there just isn't enough support under my trochanters. My preference for everyday sitting is a Contour Select XS from Stimulite. My car seats are have enough "bucket" that the low profile works fine.
    do you notice any pinkish color after driving for a while i just tried mine and have some pink spots but quickly went away after i got in bed

Blog Entries
    Seems fine. I always have a touch of pink after sitting anywhere for a long time if I don't do regular pressure relievers. It
    goes away within minutes though. Without 100% offloading I can't imagine *some* slight discoloration of the skin. I get discoloration just pressing my thumb on my skin, much less my full upper body weight.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Seems fine. I always have a touch of pink after sitting anywhere for a long time if I don't do regular pressure relievers. It
    goes away within minutes though. Without 100% offloading I can't imagine *some* slight discoloration of the skin. I get discoloration just pressing my thumb on my skin, much less my full upper body weight.

thanks i tend to be a bit paranoid

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    I use a low profile Roho for in the car. Works great on long trips. I never had an issue and drive for twelve hours increments. Have a safe trip.
    Wow twelve hours do you do any weightshifts?

We stop every few hours for gas/breaks and I weight shift/ hold myself up. I have been traveling like this for the last nine years and no issues. I have a Sienna and use the low profile Roho. It has worked well for me.

We stop every few hours for gas/breaks and I weight shift/ hold myself up. I have been traveling like this for the last nine years and no issues. I have a Sienna and use the low profile Roho. It has worked well for me.
    ok thanks im gonna research the low profile roho..

do you get any discoloration in yor skin from sitting that long

ive got a extra jay2 what yall think if i just put the jel part on car seat and go i saw a quad that did that said it worked for him he was in town visiting his fam he drove 11 hours like that

I use this one https://motionspecialties.com/produc...v-seat-cushion
    Bought it from Sportaid.