Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: travel cushion

travel cushion

im going to florida in the past i sat on car seat but the last few years ive become pretty bony on my butt

i use a jay 2 cushion on my tilite chair and a low profile roho on my standing chair so if id sit on one of these i should be good in the car wouldnt yall think

thanks
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I use a low profile Roho for in the car. Works great on long trips. I never had an issue and drive for twelve hours increments. Have a safe trip.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    I use a low profile Roho for in the car. Works great on long trips. I never had an issue and drive for twelve hours increments. Have a safe trip.
    cool thats what i was thinking fingers crossed

Blog Entries
    I also use a low profile Roho 4-chamber in the car. It works well with the 'bucket'
    of the seats for me (supports where my meat is gone), isn't too high/unstable, and minimizes sheer when braking and turning. A good choice IMO.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

im not sure i usually just use it in my standing chair and stand today i rolled around for a hour and got off it and there was a red spot about 6 inches in diameter on my right leg like by my boney area and some red under thigh but nothing on left side

Blog Entries
    I can't use a low profile on my everyday chair, it doesn't off load my ischials enough, at all! I have to use a contour, or a high profile, or there just isn't enough support under my trochanters. My preference for everyday sitting is a Contour Select XS from Stimulite. My car seats are have enough "bucket" that the low profile works fine.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I can't use a low profile on my everyday chair, it doesn't off load my ischials enough, at all! I have to use a contour, or a high profile, or there just isn't enough support under my trochanters. My preference for everyday sitting is a Contour Select XS from Stimulite. My car seats are have enough "bucket" that the low profile works fine.

i think thats what i got going on here to sounds just like what you said ill try car for a bit and see
    thanks

c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

Cushions are designed for wheelchairs with correct seating

The anti-decubitus cushion can only isolate shear force if you have squeeze angle between 80 and 90 deg. I.e. an acute or right angle between seat and backrest, not a wrong angle. In order for the backrest to recline, the front of the seat needs to be much higher than the back.

Normally an AB can push on the floor as they tend to slide out of many car seats. They need to do this with the wood bead seat covers preferred by taxi drivers. Pushing down helps avoid DVT, but can be distracting for the driver.

My husband uses the 16x16 ROHO Mosaic. Fits well on his Toyota Sienna driver seat.