Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: firefox /chrome

firefox seems to be a good choice so far
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Is anyone using the NoScript extension with Firefox? It seems complicated to a low knowledge person.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I've used NoScript with Firefox for years. I did not find it too complex. After listening to security expert Steve Gibson, I decided to replace NoScript for uBlock Origin. I do not think you would find uBlock Origin to be easier to use than NoScript.
    Rock bottom is relative to how high you bounce when you hit.
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I have NoScript in Seamonkey (the stable Mozilla branch). I don't use the volatile Firefox. I do however also use Chrome. In GNU/Linux and Mac I don't have to be worried about Idiot Exploiter.

In NoScript as a rule I only allow JavaScript for the same domain as the website. If the site is still broken I contact the webmaster. If a site depends on flash then it too is broken so I also contact webmaster. Remove flash as it is a well known back door.

Technically no site should ever depend on JavaScript. If your site does you might find blinkies who use Lynx or Edbrowse inserting their white canes in you.

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    I've used NoScript with Firefox for years. I did not find it too complex. After listening to security expert Steve Gibson, I decided to replace NoScript for uBlock Origin. I do not think you would find uBlock Origin to be easier to use than NoScript.
    I like uBlock with Firefox...so much faster than without. I also use Chrome but mainly for the Google Suite functions because the school district I work in just switched over to Google.

I have been running Chrome for a number of years. I ditched IE years ago and ran firefox for several years. It does not hurt to have multiple types of browsers, you can even have Chrome and Firefox oepn on the same computer at the same time.