Thread: Nightlife in Quebec city

Nightlife in Quebec city

Are the bars and nightclubs very accessible in Quebec city? Or is it like Toronto? pretty much off limits

Quebec is a very, very old city so I would imagine it is like Toronto. Think we have a few members from Quebec so hopefully they chime in.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

<ack, home sick uti posting on CC on a Friday evening. Boooo!>

swallow your pride James. ASK FOR HELP. I assume you're not going out alone. Hit up the underground parking at the nearest rehab/hospital and "borrow" the smallest lightest hospital-owned manual chair in sight. Gotta have friends willing to do this whilst looking like they're about the wheel in their soon-to-be-deceased grandmother.

Use said chair to get bounced, carried, pushed around all the seediest strip joints in that crazy city. If the chair don't fit through a doorway get grabbed up, have them fold the chair slightly and sneak it thru. 4 years ago in Montreal I got carried up like 3 dozen steps to some crazy club with another crippled buddy. ASK FOR HELP! Bouncers love doing this kind of shit. they get to use some of that pent-up aggression on something positive. I even tried to flip them a 20 each and they wouldnt take it.
    Hell in London that year I wanted u to come like 30 of us invaded this spot and we all got bounced in and out 8 steps.

Never under-estimate the power of drunk people when they are given the chance to do good. But wear a helmet, French girls are crazy!

Blog Entries

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Quebec is a very, very old city so I would imagine it is like Toronto. Think we have a few members from Quebec so hopefully they chime in.
    Hey I was in Quebec in 1988, took a truckload, 48,000 pounds of men's underwear, Fruit-of-the-Looms, to a place and bobtailed to another city to get a load back to the states... I had forgot about that. I still have a hazmat placard from that trip in my tool box to this day. No bar's or strip clubs visited, just in and out. Had to call my mom to get her to fax my birth certificate to the border patrol for some reason...meh...or should I say EH? lol

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    <ack, home sick uti posting on CC on a Friday evening. Boooo!>

swallow your pride James. ASK FOR HELP. I assume you're not going out alone. Hit up the underground parking at the nearest rehab/hospital and "borrow" the smallest lightest hospital-owned manual chair in sight. Gotta have friends willing to do this whilst looking like they're about the wheel in their soon-to-be-deceased grandmother.

Use said chair to get bounced, carried, pushed around all the seediest strip joints in that crazy city. If the chair don't fit through a doorway get grabbed up, have them fold the chair slightly and sneak it thru. 4 years ago in Montreal I got carried up like 3 dozen steps to some crazy club with another crippled buddy. ASK FOR HELP! Bouncers love doing this kind of shit. they get to use some of that pent-up aggression on something positive. I even tried to flip them a 20 each and they wouldnt take it.
    Hell in London that year I wanted u to come like 30 of us invaded this spot and we all got bounced in and out 8 steps.

Never under-estimate the power of drunk people when they are given the chance to do good. But wear a helmet, French girls are crazy!
    Cactually thought about that. If I was drunk enough I probably would surrender and resort to something like that. Only problem is Full body violent spasticity absolutely no core control even for balance and over six bedsores, those small manual chairs wouldn't be able to hold me in safely, my chair is designed to hold me in place and has straps for my chest and legs to prevent me from not only being thrown out but also to prevent my legs from rubbing and going all over the place making my sores worse than they already are. Call it an excuse ( as you have done so before) but if you seen the spasticity and function I have you would realize quickly that's completely unrealistic, and if you'd like to see the disgusting bedsores I have (just a few of them) it's on the care thread. I ended up just going out in my hometown, got drunk stayed within my chair designed to hold me in place and didn't lose much progress with my bedsores most importantly didn't get an infection in them or worse osteomyelitis.

gimp life

I was there last year for a weekend during Winter. Worse than Montreal or TO. Old city filled with cobblestones and inaccessible restaurants built on a very steep hill. The ice hotel was neat though if you can arrange transport out of town. Good luck!