Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: steering tripin- quads

steering tripin- quads

what brand do you quads use? I have a suregrip unit and it just doesn't work well for me. when I turn left with it my wrist is starting to come out at about 11 oclock.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I'll have to look at the one I have; I have been using it since 1985. The newer ones I have seen mount in one spot on the steering wheel and have a quick release button to remove them; I like that as far as design, but not in function when I tried one; I still prefer the performance of my old one that goes across my steering wheel.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Here is a picture of it in a van from a few years back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I used an MPD from 2003 until recently without any issues. I would replace the foam when it started to wear out, and always drove with gloves on. Also always kept it adjusted so it was snug, yet still able to get my hand in and out quick. Do you have your sure-grip adjusted properly? Gloves or no gloves for you? And what did you use before getting the sure-grip?

I use the MPD 3522 style tri pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared View Post
    I used an MPD from 2003 until recently without any issues. I would replace the foam when it started to wear out, and always drove with gloves on. Also always kept it adjusted so it was snug, yet still able to get my hand in and out quick. Do you have your sure-grip adjusted properly? Gloves or no gloves for you? And what did you use before getting the sure-grip?
    nothing until we bought this full size van. been messing with it on/off for a year. nothing currently either since I'm not liking the suregrip unit. works great until my wrist starts to want to come out. I just don't trust it. I have adj it every way possible.
    was curious if other quads found one mfr unit works better than another.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I have used this U shape steering knob for years without a problem. I put 15-20K a year on my vans.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    I have used this U shape steering knob for years without a problem. I put 15-20K a year on my vans.
    That's similar to the Sure-Grip v-grip I use now. But no way I'd be able to use it if I didn't have wrist flexion.

fuentejps, what's your wrist strength like? Do you have extension and flexion?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared View Post
    That's similar to the Sure-Grip v-grip I use now. But no way I'd be able to use it if I didn't have wrist flexion.

fuentejps, what's your wrist strength like? Do you have extension and flexion?
    strong ext no flexion typical c6. I guess I'm just used to driving without
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com