Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a handicap parking violation with a sci

You're a Veteran right? Get hold of your nearest PVA people, I believe they would gladly stand up for you.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

They dismissed it immediately, when I presented the new placard.

I believe the older ladies in my building called the cops to have it ticketed.

My strategy going in was to plead guilty and ask for the fine to be dropped. It didn't come to that.
    Last edited by Patton57; 12-28-2016 at 10:18 PM.

Do you find yourself 'targeted' by people because the chair makes you stand out? I definitely find this ... in my condo now and when I lived in an apartment as well.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I do find this. The old ladies peek in my windows as well. I believe they're looking in to see if I keep the place up. I don't believe they have good intentions.

I push everywhere that I can and they're always saying "well look at you, aren't you amazing?". The tone has a mean spiritedness to it.

Glad to hear you got this resolved without having to pay the fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    I do find this. The old ladies peek in my windows as well. I believe they're looking in to see if I keep the place up. I don't believe they have good intentions.

I push everywhere that I can and they're always saying "well look at you, aren't you amazing?". The tone has a mean spiritedness to it.
    Find the same - especially if I open my door and they're trying a million miles a minute to look around. I get the 'oh wonderful that a place will hire you so you can get out' too. 911!?!?!? Some are just downright mean about it as their 50yr old sons still live with them and I'm out working my butt off (or was .. and will be soon again I hope).
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    I've had two separate experiences (too long of stories to tell here) where people reported that I needed "help" when I didn't. In one instance, I believe it was retaliation for changing agencies. (The inspector exhonorated me.) And in the other, the person told the authority (by phone) that she had been in a van ride with me,...but this couldn't be true because I had been the ONLY PERSON in the van! (The official told me by phone that it hadn't been the van driver that reported me. He called the person back and cautioned her about falsifying reports. She had gotten the phone number off the side of the van!) I digress. These were not parking violations...I'm just venting to others who have also come under unwelcome scrutiny.
    Last edited by Vintage; 12-29-2016 at 06:26 AM.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Find the same - especially if I open my door and they're trying a million miles a minute to look around. I get the 'oh wonderful that a place will hire you so you can get out' too. 911!?!?!? Some are just downright mean about it as their 50yr old sons still live with them and I'm out working my butt off (or was .. and will be soon again I hope).
    Fight to get back to work and stay at work. Don't hesitate to get help with house work and other little things. We take a lot of pride in doing everything for ourselves but it's still okay to utilize help.

I know several very wealthy couples that hire a 40 hour/week nanny for their children even when they're at home and not working, just to give themselves the option to take a break from them. Imagine having a nanny paying attention to your children and keeping them engaged constantly while you stroll through ever 30 minutes or so and tell your kids how much you love them.

Back in the 80s I had to go to court when I came out from the courthouse there was a ticket underneath my windshield wiper. As I drove down the highway, I tried to read it before it blew off. It was a ticket for an expired handicap tag.

It flew off the windshield and I never did anything about it except the next time I got a license plate, I got a handicapped license plate and never have to get the stupid Additional handicap tag again.

Might be interesting to call a local news station and explain the situation and let them do a story about the situation. Embarrass the shit out of the assholes.