Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

Thumbs up Marijuana

Is it allowed to talk about pot??

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    About this same time of year, 12 years ago, in the hospital with my new SCI:

Nurse getting information about me "Do you use any controlled substances?"
    Me: "Yes, marijuana".
    Nurse: "How often do you use marijuana?"
    Me: "Occasionally".
    Nurse: "How often is occasionally?"
    Me: "Occasionally throughout the day".
    Nurse: "Why do you use marijuana?"
    Me: "To make television interesting".

(Damn, I coulda posted this on the Boring Thread)
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Is it allowed to talk about pot??
    I think you just did

Keep the conversation going...I don't think this thread will be shut down.

What do you want to talk about?

All the best,
    GJ

Haven't since before my injury. Used to enjoy it daily, be it recreationally or at work. 20 something years. Such a broad spectrum of benefits came from one plant. Unfortunately an amplification of reality is one of them. Ladder fall was too fucking recent. Being attached to a senseless body is too recent. Marijuana is best with some comfort or foundation. My body still feels like a horror movie. Maybe it would help? Shit, I dunno. I'll pass this one left...

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    Zen and Funklab, you are so funny. You made me laugh out loud. Craig, thanks for starting this Thread. Gjnl, thanks for the emcouragement to move the Thread along. Denied, my injury was March 15, 2014....so, our "anniversaries" are smack on the same day...just two years apart. I'm a para, T9 incomplete. I've never smoked tabacco and never used marijuana. But I do believe that herbal remedies are far superior to most chemical "medicines". Of course, we want modern anesthesia for our surgeries, right? But if we find something natural that ameliorates our long-term or acute pain, then I hope that the medical establishment, the legal authorities, and society in general will support us in using the natural, herbal remedy. And marijuana isn't the only natural herbal remedy for pain.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Many previous discussions of use of MJ in the Pain Forum if you are interested in its use for pain management. Some posts in Care Forum about its use for spasticity management. Are you primarily talking about recreational use or therapeutic uses for MJ?

(KLD)

I smoke weed because I have been for 40+ years. Injury in 2005 slowed the use of it initially, but in the last few years I have resumed my usual pace of habit.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Many previous discussions of use of MJ in the Pain Forum if you are interested in its use for pain management. Some posts in Care Forum about its use for spasticity management. Are you primarily talking about recreational use or therapeutic uses for MJ?

(KLD)

C'mon KLD...now you're makin it all complicated.

According to the American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA), recreational therapy or therapeutic recreation (TR) is a systematic process that utilizes recreation and other activity-based interventions to address the assessed needs of individuals with illnesses and/or disabling conditions, as a means to psychological and physical health, recovery and well-being. Recreational therapy may also be simply referred to as recreation therapy.

Sometimes I smoke for anxiety...I get anxious I might run out of weed.

Joking aside. It makes me relaxed...especially when I feel all knotted up from not moving my body like it was meant to. And I smile more. Try to stay straight in the morning. Get all my appointments out of the way, deal with any business issues like insurance or bills. Still feels strange to go into a weed shop in broad daylight and buy it in Washington state. Sativa gives me an energetic feeling to get out and about. I think it makes me more curious. Indica just makes me want to watch tv and eat.

The first time post injury was very intense, painful and uncomfortable. Not what I was expecting. Sensitivity seemed heightened. Recommend laying down comfortably if possible the first couple times. Because I smoked before injury I knew that was not normal. Now it is just a pleasant feeling. Every now and then it even makes me feel horny...which never happens when I am straight.

Sister in-law really enjoys the body high from some of the edibles. Definitely last longer when it goes thru the digestive system. Start with a small dose and be smart. I would only use organic..don't know anything about the new synthetic stuff. Good luck.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    I see what you mean, Rook. The last line of this article, Medical Marijuana vs. Recreational: What’s The Difference?, says:

"Overall, without wider acceptance of marijuana, separating medical use from recreational will likely remain a difficult task."

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/09/0...ats-difference
    Female, T9 incomplete