Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone use a strap in front of their legs?

I like the idea of a pad. But rubber may secure the legs in too well, which would add to the problem you mention about falling and breaking a leg. Maybe a soft foam that would give better. Personally, I found keeping the strap low and loose was good enough to let your legs slip out. But I have to add that it was not a good long term solution. I certainly didn't like doing it and am glad not to have to do it any more. I repeat, it's worth finding the cause. How can you be sure that your spasms are only because of your spinal cord? That's what I thought for years. I was wrong.

I wear black steel toe Doc Martin shoes. They have a little lip at the bottom like you see on workboots. When I would go wheeling on the bumpy walking trails I would strap them down to the footplate with a bungee cord. The cord would fit over the lip (not the toes) and the hook to the tubing of the foot plate underneath my shoes. The cord kept my feet in nice and tight but if I fell out of my chair, there was still enough elasticity in the cord to allow my feet to pop free easy enough so as to prevent injury.

I jus let my leg kick out. I let anyone near know that I am spazzy, and not to stand on front of me. Trying to pin my legs in would cause me serious harm, I think.

It is elastic (not super elastic but it does stretch a little), so you can stretch it to the max or to what ever point works for you. Always can visit local Lowes and try it for your self.

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    How much does that strap give? In other words how far forward would that strap allow either foot to move?
    It is elastic (not super elastic but it does stretch a little), so you can stretch it to the max or to what ever point works for you. Always can visit local Lowes and try it for your self.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился