Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Both 4-AP and stem cell treatment target demyelinated axons for better CNS conduction

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    These are studies done on mice models, not human diseases.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3019253/
    4-AP had been approved by the FDA for MS treatment in Jan. 2010. This article was written after the FDA approval of 4-AP. It is regarding their study on mice for 4-AP-3-MeOh, the article being written Nov. 2010.

"However, 4-AP has a narrow therapeutic range in clinical application. Recently, we developed a new fast potassium channel blocker, 4-Aminopyridine-3-Methanol (4-AP-3-MeOH). This novel 4-AP derivative is capable of restoring impulse conduction in ex vivo injured spinal cord without compromising the ability of axons to follow multiple stimuli. In the current study, we investigated whether 4-AP-3-MeOH can enhance impulse conduction in an animal model of MS. Our results showed that 4-AP-3-MeOH can significantly increase axonal conduction in ex vivo experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis mouse spinal cord."

From the patents page for 4-AP: "One approach to treat MS or to mitigate the symptoms associated with MS is to block potassium channels to reduce the leakage of potassium ions, thus enhancing impulse conduction. In January 2010, the FDA approved 4-aminopyridine (4-AP), as a therapy for MS (Ampyra, Acorda Therapeutics, Inc., 2010). 4-AP is a relatively selective blocker of Kv1 family of K+ channels (Wulff et al., 2009). By blocking K+ channels, impulse conduction along the axon is partially restored and symptoms ameliorate."

http://www.google.com/patents/US20140004044

One question I have is if the patent page for 4-AP-3-MeOh can be found, (the following is for 4-AP) can that info be giving to a compounding pharmacy to make it? It would seem so by this: "The present disclosure provides novel compounds, including compounds that bind to potassium channels, methods for their manufacture, and methods for their use, including for the treatment of demyelinating diseases and/or in vivo imaging of the central nervous system to diagnose and/or assess the progression of MS or other diseases."

The page shows -- A compound of Formula (I):
    wherein: R1, R2, R3, and R4 are each independently selected from the group consisting of H, (CH2)nX, CH2OCH2CH2X, NH2, CH2OH, CF3, OCH3, OCH2F, OCHF2, OCF3 and
    R5 is selected from the group consisting of H, (CH2)mX, OH, COOCF3, COOC(CH3)3, and COO(CH2)mX;

wherein n=0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 and m=1, 2, 3, 4, or 5;

and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah........

Or do they need some other information? Anybody know?
    Last edited by tumbleweeds; 03-22-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comad View Post
    Looks like mod4all improved website and showing some signs of life...
    So..anyone ordered recently from that company? Any comments about
    delivery and quality? Please, post.
    I've ordered 5mg 4-AP from mod4all. No complaints. If anything was surprised at the seller's attentiveness to delivery keeping me informed of the progress. His 4-AP is half the price of what it costs me to get it compounded locally.

mod4all appears to also be the only readily available source of 4AP-3-MeOH. I'll be getting some to try and will report my experience compared to 4-AP, which I find caused nauseau/inbalance in local compounded 10mg doses but is OK in 5mg that mod4all sold me.

I'm also grateful mod4all sought, stocked and is delivering 3.25mg leuprolide acetate depot upon my enquiries for a remyelination 12-month self clinical trial to match a promising Mexican SCI study. I've made a comment about that product here.

The products received have been excellent. I've discovered the seller has non-SCI myelination/spasticity issues himself so stuff advertised is tried and true.
    Last edited by Pauly1; 03-22-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly1 View Post
    I've ordered 5mg 4-AP from mod4all. No complaints. If anything was surprised at the seller's attentiveness to delivery keeping me informed of the progress.
    This was my experience as well. I had no issues with his service or communication. The problem I did have was when I needed to reorder, after my first month's supply was about up, the 4-AP-3-MeOh was no longer available. He said he had mixed feedback on it and didn't know if he'd offer it again or not. I don't want to do this on-again-off-again so I thought I'd try to find another source. So far though, no luck. If I can't find it anywhere else I will try mod4all again.

One more time - I did use 4-AP, sustained version Ampyra and after all
    I was using 4-AP-3-MeOh purchased from mod4all for several months with only
    good things to say about this med. (I have posted my experience about this self-testing here)

4-AP-3-MeOh is so far THE BEST THING of all potassium channel blockers but
    IT REALLY WORKS the best IF IT'S COMBINED WITH HIGH INTENSE PHYSIO EXERCISES.

I will build my whole exercise program around it if I find stable trustful source of pure 4-AP-3-MeOh.
    I don't need to wait for animal, large animal, human studies to be completed and FDA approved...

Waiting for your experience FellowHawkeye with your next order of 4-AP-3-MeOh from mod4all.com
    which looks as only publicly available source of this med right now in the world as far as I know.

Problem is if mod4all.com fluctuate with availability and purity as he did before and pricing is also problem
    as I establish my working dosage on 3mg of 4-AP-3-MeOh daily which is 3 x 2 capsules of 0.5mg and each
    capsule is US $ 1.00 which pail-up to $ 6.00 daily or US $ 180 per month...

Let's see - please post it here any useful info!
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

I have received 3 shipments of 4-AP-3-MeOh from mod4all.com Over the last three months with the last shipment coming in last week.

The shipments do seem to take a while, however all of my questions are responded to when I inquire about dates and the product they show up.

I believe the guy running it has had some health problems.

One more time - I did use 4-AP, sustained version Ampyra and after all
    I was using 4-AP-3-MeOh purchased from mod4all for several months with only
    good things to say about this med. (I have posted my experience about this self-testing here)

4-AP-3-MeOh is so far THE BEST THING of all potassium channel blockers but
    IT REALLY WORKS the best IF IT'S COMBINED WITH HIGH INTENSE PHYSIO EXERCISES.

I will build my whole exercise program around it if I find stable trustful source of pure 4-AP-3-MeOh.
    I don't need to wait for animal, large animal, human studies to be completed and FDA approved...

Waiting for your experience FellowHawkeye with your next order of 4-AP-3-MeOh from mod4all.com
    which looks as only publicly available source of this med right now in the world as far as I know.

Problem is if mod4all.com fluctuate with availability and purity as he did before and pricing is also problem
    as I establish my working dosage on 3mg of 4-AP-3-MeOh daily which is 3 x 2 capsules of 0.5mg and each
    capsule is US $ 1.00 which pail-up to $ 6.00 daily or US $ 180 per month...

Let's see - please post it here any useful info!

Just an update: I haven't found a U.S. source for 4-AP-3-MeOh. I have called numerous compounding pharmacies and no one I have spoke to has heard of it, nor have they been very helpful. I did talk to a pharmacist at a compounding pharmacy about 100 miles from me and she took the time while I was on the phone to get her books out and look it up. She could find nothing on 4-AP-3-MeOh but she did find 4-AP. Interestingly enough she told me that 4-AP is on the FDA's do not compound list. I told her the FDA approved its use in Jan. of 2010 for MS. She said though she doesn't know the specifics of why it's on their do not compound list it's not illegal, but because it's on the list they cannot get the chemicals to compound it. If they can't get the chemicals to compound 4-AP, they obviously can't compound 4-AP-3-MeOh.

Despite that, I did find one pharmacy in Florida that will compound 4-AP, but not 4-AP-3-MeOh. It's a pharmacy that compounds for both doctors and veterinarians. I don't know why they can compound it if it's on a do not compound list.

So, here we have a legal drug, approved by the FDA, that may be able to help a portion of the SCI population regain some function and we can't get it because the same government body that approved it won't allow it to be compounded. I don't know if this is because of Ampyra is the source for 4-AP or not, but it doesn't look like we're going to find a U.S source for 4-AP-3-MeOh.

Is 4-AP-3-MeOH same as 3,4 diaminopurydine?

I can get the latter one compounded if i get prescription. Pharmacy kept telling me it's the same.

No, that drug is used to treat rare muscle disorders and is a voltage-gated ion drug...

Hi all - I'm new to the forum. I found you guys while searching for 4-AP MEOH suppliers. I have an incomplete injury (neuropathy, numbness, severe weakness in my left leg.) Do you think it's worth it to try the Mod4all site? 4-AP works wonders for me some days, other days not so much. Ampyra didn't do much at all. I would love to try the MEOH.