Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Both 4-AP and stem cell treatment target demyelinated axons for better CNS conduction

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Does anyone know if 4-ap could potentially help someone who had a spinal cord stroke; C2-t2 infarction? I'm full time walking. My quality of life issues are bladder and bowel, which I'm wondering if it might help. I've been reading about it on here for the last 10 years, but I've never understood if I would be a good candidate. - thanks
    4ap improves conduction down demyelinated axons. Those being motor and sensory. In your case, there is no harm in trying 4AP to see what gains you get. Those gains then indicative of what stem cell treatment like Asterias' AST-OPC1 could offer you.

Are there SCI events more commonly associated with demyelination?
    I.e. Contusion vs. Cut etc
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Are there SCI events more commonly associated with demyelination?
    I.e. Contusion vs. Cut etc
    I read somewhere (sorry, can't remember where) that compression fractures are the most likely to have demyelination.
    For anyone interested here's some info that Dr. Young wrote about 4-AP.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/index.php?pag...nopyridine.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    I just ordered the 4-AP-3-MeOH from mod4all also. I'm a c6 ais C so I hope I notice decreased spasms and some benefits from it.
    Does anybody know if it affects blood pressure? I currently take midodrine to raise my bp.
    Any results? What dosage are you taking?

I ordered the 4-AP-3-MeOH from mod4all on dec 24th. They arrived today but the capsules are pretty much empty. Theres specs of white powder sticking to the inside edge but not enough to pile up by tapping on one side of the capsule. I havent tried them yet. Heres a photo of what I received... is this what everyone elses looked like?
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

That's rip-off. Suppose to be 0.5 mg in each capsule.
    I was ordering before from mod4all and I know that quantity of substance in capsules is not big -
    but at least take 15% of capsule volume - and that is way more than you got.
    I am staying away from mod4all until we find another supplier.
    Unfortunately, mod4all is running one man show in London UK and can not be
    trustworthy due to his own problems / health issues.

Grammy found major production source of 4-AP-3-MeOH in USA.
    Name of this company is Alfa Asear but they are dealing only with compound pharmacies and bulk orders.
    I have tried to contact them but they never bother to reply.
    If anyone have Idea and figure out how we can get Alfa Asear supplying some
    compound pharmacy in US that will supply us, that would be change things here...
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

That's what mine look like. Came from Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    That's what mine look like. Came from Japan.
    Are they working? Can your Japanese connection be posted?
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    I ordered the 4-AP-3-MeOH from mod4all on dec 24th. They arrived today but the capsules are pretty much empty. Theres specs of white powder sticking to the inside edge but not enough to pile up by tapping on one side of the capsule. I havent tried them yet. Heres a photo of what I received... is this what everyone elses looked like?
    Mine came from mod4all as well, they are shipped from Japan. He has been prompt in answering my emails. They look the same as yours. Here's what he said about them: "Note, the capsules contain 0.5mg 4-ap-3-meoh + 10mg L-threonine. We tried filling them up all the way with filler, but they were all useless. The capsules are 99% empty. Really, we should use smaller, coloured capsules, but they are expensive." and in another email "Well, each capsule is 0.5mg 4-AP-3-MeOH, so this is comparable to 5mg of 4-AP. Remember 0.5mg is a half a thousandth of a gram. A miniscule dose."

I took my first one on Wednesday and am ramping up, took two yesterday and three today. Will top out at four tomorrow, six hours apart. I thought the same about so little drug in each capsule but I can feel effects after taking one.

Quote Originally Posted by comad View Post
    Are they working? Can your Japanese connection be posted?
    Sorry, I was unnecessarily vague.
    Mine are from mod4all and shipped to me from Japan. I took a single capsule to nights ago and noticed nothing. Not really clear how many/much to take and reasonably sure that mod4all is just a guy with friends overseas who ship these things to his buyers. Still, for $60, I figured with.

Any idea what the dosing should be?