Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Both 4-AP and stem cell treatment target demyelinated axons for better CNS conduction

Quote Originally Posted by matt414 View Post
    I agree with you on some of this. Having been on and tried most any med out there, I think 4-ap should be a go to before most of the others. The rest you listed are much worse and do little in my experience.

That said, I think you will be very hard pressed to find someone with a spinal cord injury that has done the amount of rehab I have and currently do. I've found that yes 4-ap helps, but it is slow for remyelination, VERY slow.

On the why people go for stem cell, I totally get it. I went to Germany to X-Cell and I went because I felt I had exhausted every option out there. I was lucky enough (I hate that word) that in my rehab I had almost an unlimited budget. I've seen almost every major neurologist, researcher etc in the US at one time or another. And I grew tired of hearing a cure is coming in a year or two, I am 13.5 years post injury and have heard a cure is coming next year that long. For me, I took peace of mind knowing that I'd tried everything out there. I was willing to risk getting worse in an effort to get better.

So it would be great to have a summary of what provided benefits and what did not...
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

where did you purchase it from?

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    Pauly, I'm so glad the 4-AP is helping you so much! I ordered the 4-AP-3-MeOH, but it had quality filler upping price and it doesn't help me or others according to mod4all and so am waiting for delivery of it w/o filler, which is what helped me a lot before. Little needed to really help me and I'm a C3/4 incomplete similar to you. -Jan
    Hawkeye-where did you purchase it from?

The capsules from mod4all are 0.5mg 4-AP-3-MeOH, with 10mg of L-Threonine

I couldn't find anything about L-threonine on here but here is what wiki says

Threonine is used to treat various nervous system disorders including spinal spasticity, multiple sclerosis, familial spastic paraparesis, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease).

c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    So it would be great to have a summary of what provided benefits and what did not...
    Send me an email. mattbigos @ earthlink.net

Quote Originally Posted by grammy View Post
    i've read that it's actually manufactured in the us by alfa asear and then sent to whatever compounding pharmacies order it and then they put in the additional fillers and dispense.
    thanks grammy!!!!
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

I've found that yes 4-ap helps, but it is slow for remyelination, VERY slow.
    So we have the following accessible treatments/procedures for remyelination:

1. Stem cells - permanent fix within days of implantation:

* Asterias' AST-OPC1 stem cells: still in clinical trials
    * Neural stem cells in China: US$27.5k Puhua or US$25k wumedical if have lots of money.
    * Umbilical cord stem cells: US$30k in Panama

2. Leuprolide acetate (Lupron/Leupride depot 3.75mg x3 months) gonatropin. Approx 3 months to supposedly cause permanent changes. Still in clinical trials.
    Cost? US$300 for medication.

3. 4-ap or 4AP-3-MeOH. ~2 hr window of operation + very slow remyelination effect.
    Cost? US$30 or US$100 for 100 caps respectively

I'll be self trialling the Leupride Depot approach over the next few months. It offers the best price/recovery ratio.

Last edited by Pauly1; 01-02-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Nothing publicly documented and accessible to help the ones in most need of such guidance?

Sent
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

From mo4all.com. A new website's going up today, I think, so I'll have more info for you soon. Holidays delayed my new shipment. Won't have filler that I know of but be equivalent to 10mg 4AP...Jan

Does anyone know if 4-ap could potentially help someone who had a spinal cord stroke; C2-t2 infarction? I'm full time walking. My quality of life issues are bladder and bowel, which I'm wondering if it might help. I've been reading about it on here for the last 10 years, but I've never understood if I would be a good candidate. - thanks