Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Both 4-AP and stem cell treatment target demyelinated axons for better CNS conduction

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    I'm interested in trying this out. Do you take baclofen?
    Yes.

Pauly, I'm so glad the 4-AP is helping you so much! I ordered the 4-AP-3-MeOH, but it had quality filler upping price and it doesn't help me or others according to mod4all and so am waiting for delivery of it w/o filler, which is what helped me a lot before. Little needed to really help me and I'm a C3/4 incomplete similar to you. -Jan

I just ordered the 4-AP-3-MeOH from mod4all also. I'm a c6 ais C so I hope I notice decreased spasms and some benefits from it.
    Does anybody know if it affects blood pressure? I currently take midodrine to raise my bp.
    Last edited by Wills77; 12-26-2016 at 03:13 PM.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    I just ordered the 4-AP-3-MeOH from mod4all also. I'm a c6 ais C so I hope I notice decreased spasms and some benefits from it.
    Does anybody know if it affects blood pressure? I currently take midodrine to raise my bp.
    I'm not sure if it increases your blood pressure, what I do know is I had orthostatic hypotension and after I took 4-ap it went away. What would happen is if I lay down, then sit up, my blood pressure would drop, then if I stood up it would drop again, I would get a little dizzy, sometimes almost blacking out. Other than that, 4-ap didn't help much, but I'm going to try it again.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

For those interested that haven't seen it. This study is currently recruiting participants.Verified December 2016 by Kessler Foundation - Looks like it's in New Jersey
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...ank=1#contacts

Experimental: Locomotor Training + Dalfampridine Subjects randomized to this group will undergo 10 weeks of double-blind treatment with extended release dalfampridine tablets (10 mg twice daily) while simultaneously receiving locomotor training therapy (5 sessions per week x 10 weeks = 50 sessions total).

Drug: Dalfampridine Dalfampridine 10 mg tablet, twice-daily, for 10 weeks
    Other Names:
    • Ampyra
    • Fampridine Sustained Release (Fampridine-SR)
    • 4-Aminopyridine (4-AP)

It boggles the mind why 4-AP isn't part of the standard pharmaceutical arsenal to deal with SCI along with Baclofen and Lyrica/gabapentin. It's action targetting the source of the problem whereas these other medications simply deal with spasticity symptoms.

It also boggles the mind why Fampyra is so expensive, given the active ingredient was used as a cheap bird repellent (a greedy bird eats it, starts getting electrical shock symptoms, flock sees it and gets out of there).

It also boggles the mind why ppl are getting experimental stem cell implantation in China/Panama for > US$25k without trying this first to see remyelination potential they may get.

Some great recent references posted on the usefulness of 4-AP for SCI too. Thank you. It took them decades to figure it out.
    Last edited by Pauly1; 12-28-2016 at 10:25 PM.

I agree with you on some of this. Having been on and tried most any med out there, I think 4-ap should be a go to before most of the others. The rest you listed are much worse and do little in my experience.

That said, I think you will be very hard pressed to find someone with a spinal cord injury that has done the amount of rehab I have and currently do. I've found that yes 4-ap helps, but it is slow for remyelination, VERY slow.

On the why people go for stem cell, I totally get it. I went to Germany to X-Cell and I went because I felt I had exhausted every option out there. I was lucky enough (I hate that word) that in my rehab I had almost an unlimited budget. I've seen almost every major neurologist, researcher etc in the US at one time or another. And I grew tired of hearing a cure is coming in a year or two, I am 13.5 years post injury and have heard a cure is coming next year that long. For me, I took peace of mind knowing that I'd tried everything out there. I was willing to risk getting worse in an effort to get better.

Does anyone knows any other supplier for 4-AP-3-MeOH than mod4all.
    If not, mod4all looks as only 4-AP-3-MeOH supplier in the world... and that's scarry.
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by comad View Post
    If not, mod4all looks as only 4-AP-3-MeOH supplier in the world... and that's scarry.
    I've read that it's actually manufactured in the US by Alfa Asear and then sent to whatever compounding pharmacies order it and then they put in the additional fillers and dispense.