Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Both 4-AP and stem cell treatment target demyelinated axons for better CNS conduction

FYI some research just came out re Ampyra so in case it may be relevant to 4-AP:

non responders can become responders over time and responders can likewise become non responders so drug holidays may be beneficial to continue efficacy in responders

I have found one pharmacy in Eastern Europe ready
    to compound 4-AP-3-MeOH but they need formula
    or patent or compounding procedure or whatever is necessary to make it.
    Where and how to find this?

p.s. the most complete details about this medication I see in link
    posted below but still can not find requested details - or I don't know where to look??!!
    Anyone knows more?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3019253/
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Good to hear! Here are the patent pages for 4-aminopyridine-3-methanol.. See if this is what they need Comad -

https://www.google.com/patents/US872...2tA78Q6AEILDAB

or also here - https://www.google.com/patents/US201...ine-3-Methanol

Quote Originally Posted by comad View Post
    I have found one pharmacy in Eastern Europe ready
    to compound 4-AP-3-MeOH but they need formula
    or patent or compounding procedure or whatever is necessary to make it.
    Where and how to find this?

p.s. the most complete details about this medication I see in link
    posted below but still can not find requested details - or I don't know where to look??!!
    Anyone knows more?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3019253/
    OK not to offend anyone what have you guys looked up what MeOH is?

It's methanol. Methyl alcohol. Which is not safe for human consumption. It is explicitly listed as toxic

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol

As someone who is using 4-AP and found out my pharmacy that that active ingredient can't be found anywhere anymore I'm obviously wanting to find an alternative but this doesn't sound safe people.

Playing with dosages of Fampyra sounds like a much safer avenue to explore
    Last edited by RJC; 04-19-2017 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJC View Post

It's methanol. Methyl alcohol. Which is not safe for human consumption. It is explicitly listed as toxic
    The drama! I'd advise reading the reference material linked on the opening post about 4AP-3-MeOH. Particularly by Dr Shi. Linked below to make it easy for you:

https://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/2014/07/02/potassium-channel-blockers-to-restore-impulse-conduction-in-sci-dr-riyi-shi/

Basically everything I take post-SCI is lethal at some dosage.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

I emailed Dr. Shi directly to ask some questions.

As someone who is using 4-AP and found out my pharmacy that that active ingredient can't be found anywhere anymore I'm obviously wanting to find an alternative but this doesn't sound safe people.

Have you read this thread? Yes, we've looked it up. Here is some of what is listed at the patent link above:

CLAIMS(11)
    1. A method of treating a mammal having an injured mammalian nerve tissue, the method comprising the step of administering to the mammal in need thereof, a pharmaceutical composition, or pharmaceutically acceptable salt, comprising 4-aminopyridine-3-methanol.

2. The method of claim 1, wherein the injured mammalian nerve tissue was injured as a result of trauma, disease, traumatically-induced compression, tumors, hemorrhage, infectious processes, spinal stenosis, or impaired blood supply.

3. The method of claim 2, wherein administration of the pharmaceutical composition restores action potential or nerve impulse conduction through a mammalian nerve tissue lesion.

4. The method of claim 1, wherein the injured mammalian nerve tissue is CNS or PNS tissue.

5. The method of claim 4, wherein the injured mammalian nerve tissue is spinal cord tissue and the mammal is a human.

6. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound, or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, in the pharmaceutical composition functions as a neurotrophic factor.

7. The method of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition displays the restoration of action potential or nerve impulse conduction through a mammalian nerve tissue lesion when administered to spinal cord tissue in vitro.

8. A method of treating a mammal having a spinal cord injury, the method comprising the steps of:a. administering a pharmaceutical composition comprising 4-aminopyridine-3-methanol or pharmaceutical compound or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof to a mammal having a spinal cord injury in an effective dose for treating the spinal cord injury, wherein the effective dose for the pharmaceutical composition is lower than a therapeutic dose of 4-aminopyridine in the same mammal for the same injury;
    b. wherein the 4-aminopyridine-3-methanol displays activity in restoration of action potential conduction through a spinal cord lesion when administered to a spinal cord tissue in vitro.

9. The method of claim 8, wherein the therapeutic dose is between approximately 0.02 mg of the pharmaceutical composition per kilogram of the mammal and approximately 1.0 mg of the pharmaceutical composition per kilogram of the mammal.

10. The method of claim 9, wherein the therapeutic dose is between approximately 0.03 mg of the pharmaceutical compound per kilogram of the mammal and approximately 0.6 mg of the pharmaceutical compound per kilogram of the mammal.

11. The method of claim 8, wherein the therapeutic dose is between approximately 0.02 mg of the pharmaceutical compound per kilogram of the mammal and approximately 0.2 mg of the pharmaceutical compound per kilogram of the mammal.

If you reference paragraph 0004 you'll see a familiar name associated with 4AP-3P-MeOH .
    Delayed but progressive episodes of so-called ?secondary injury? [Honmou and Young, W. (1995): Traumatic injury to the spinal axons (Waxman, S. G., Kocsis, J. D., Stys, P. K., Eds.): The Axon, New York: Oxford UP pp 480-503; Young, W. (1993): Secondary injury mechanisms in acute spinal cord injury, J. Emerg. Med., 11: 13-22.] subsequently enlarge the lesion leading to the typical clinical picture of a cavitated contused spinal cord, and intractable behavioral loss.

I hope that helps.

As someone who is using 4-AP and found out my pharmacy that that active ingredient can't be found anywhere anymore
    I'm obviously wanting to find an alternative but this doesn't sound safe people.
    Yes, Almonds can kill you too.
    Ancient Romans used to extract almonds natural cyanide to poison their enemies.
    Pyridine is main component of some chemical warfare's.
    4-AP is poison after all (used against pigeons in Europe - see "Avitrol");

In different chemical connections certain substance properties can be enhanced or even totally changed or lost.
    Something that occur as dangerous in pure state in chemical connection can be absolutely benign or even useful
    Chloride is poison, Sodium not far away from that definition for human body - but when they are together
    they are making cooking salt.
    My point is...
    I would also like to be sure that 4-AP-3-MeOH is 100% safe...but no way to get this even in
    long term shot as no humane trials are proposed for this medication.

I did email Dr. Shi (first one to use 4-AP-3-MeOH in medicine testing on animals) but never got any answers.
    After some research, I have decided to give a try and test in on myself for few months
    just to see if I am going to see any difference.
    And I did see great difference from 4-AP and Ampyra, didn't notice any side effects and I also establish
    my dosage I am planning to use this as soon as this medication become available with no interruptions.
    RJC - If you hear anything for Dr. Shi, please share here.

I would also like to thank to all people who contribute here to this topic!

If anyone want to see new post on my Blog about proposal for
    MY Future Therapy, please click here

p.s. Manouli already posted this. Dr. Shi is coming with new substance
    that might work even better and it is FDA approved: See here
    Last edited by comad; 04-20-2017 at 11:06 PM. Reason: p.s. posting
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

See post #45 for a pharmacy that will compound 4-AP. I don't know if they ship to Canada. They don't compound 4-AP-3-MeOh.