Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tires with more traction for power chair

It looks like you've got about an inch of space now. Do you have the OEM software/cable to program your chair? I see it has the P&G Pilot + controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    It looks like you've got about an inch of space now. Do you have the OEM software/cable to program your chair? I see it has the P&G Pilot + controls.
    I do not have either the cable or the software. But from the get-go I had them program one of my modes to be max everything, so I use that if I get into a pinch for more torque. Otherwise my main mode is top fwd speed but with controllable everything else.

I'm going to have to look at hubs on some spare motors I have laying around. I think using longer studs combined with a spacer plate would be the cheapest and best way to go. A 1/4" space from the motor would be plenty.
    Are looking into doing something similar? Or just looking at your spare motors to see what other options this could be done by for others?

@ Tsquared, I've got a couple of those Quickies in various configurations. One of them I mounted scooter tires on it. They are about 1-1/2" taller so I'm looking to increase the speed. It already has the 8.5 MPH motors. I mounted those tires on stock wheels and have about an 1/8" clearance. Haven't run it yet though to see what happens, but I think it'll be fine.

I posted this video last year, and wondered at the time what mod’s would be needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSqXZ93Ba9U

@ landrover, front wheel drive is definitely the way to go on sand, no doubt. As far a mods it's just a matter of finding a hub and wheel/tire assembly that'll fit the motor shafts.

tires are 10x4. four bolt pattern.

@ landrover, front wheel drive is definitely the way to go on sand, no doubt. As far a mods it's just a matter of finding a hub and wheel/tire assembly that'll fit the motor shafts.
    I have zero knowledge of how to go about that. Ideally what I would like is something relatively easily interchangeable that can swapped out when the need arises. For example, if I'm traveling to a beach location, I'd like to swap out for the larger tires, but yet allow me to use the chair to sightsee, go to restaurants, etc.

Has anyone came up with any new good solutions for adding all terrain tires to there power chair? I have a Permobil M400 and would be very interested in doing this to my chair.

Quote Originally Posted by dmccoyks View Post
    Has anyone came up with any new good solutions for adding all terrain tires to there power chair? I have a Permobil M400 and would be very interested in doing this to my chair.
    I just replied to your other post here: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=1#post1889935