Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patient lift rental, Miami

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Hi all, I will be heading to Miami Beach for 4 days in 1.5 weeks. Looking for lunch/dinner recommendations. We will be staying at Gale South Beach. So far, some possibilities include: Yardbird (ate there last year), Puerto Sagua, The Bazaar by Jose Andres, and Joe's Stone Crab.
    Definitely Yardbird! Dolce Italian at the Gale is very good. Lure Fishbar is very good.

Just back. We ended up eating at Yardbird's twice for lunch (both great), Joe's Stone Crab for dinner (also great), Dolce's (for breakfast buffet, lunch, dinner...also good), and Quality Meats for dinner. And I highly recommend Rosetta Bakery!

Just back. We ended up eating at Yardbird's twice for lunch (both great), Joe's Stone Crab for dinner (also great), Dolce's (for breakfast buffet, lunch, dinner...also good), and Quality Meats for dinner. And I highly recommend Rosetta Bakery!
    Sounds awesome! We are heading there later in the month.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    any dme that rents will deliver and pickup. we had one dropped off at our hotel in keywest a few years back. best to have it there when you arrive.

where are you stating in Miami?? thinking of heading down.
    Curious as to where you stayed while you were in Key West? Did the bed accommodate the lift at the time? Do you recall who used for the rental agency?

Hi all, I will be heading to Miami Beach for 4 days in 1.5 weeks. Looking for lunch/dinner recommendations. We will be staying at Gale South Beach. So far, some possibilities include: Yardbird (ate there last year), Puerto Sagua, The Bazaar by Jose Andres, and Joe's Stone Crab.
    We are heading to South Beach in a couple weeks. We are wanting to stay at the Gale. We usually stay in the Signature Terrazzo room. Unfortunately they are all booked. They have the Signature handicap room. They said it is the same as the Terrazzo without the balcony. What room did you stay in at the Gale?

We stayed in the ADA signature room. It did not have the balcony. So you stayed in a standard Signature Terrazzo room (not ADA) previously? I assume the bed was adequate for the lift? How was the bathroom? Space to get around? Also, was the balcony accessible?
    Last edited by landrover; 04-10-2018 at 04:23 PM.

We stayed in the ADA signature room. It did not have the balcony. So you stayed in a standard Signature Terrazzo room (not ADA) previously? I assume the bed was adequate for the lift? How was the bathroom? Space to get around? Also, was the balcony accessible?
    We have stayed in a standard Signature Terrazzo and a Terrazzo Grande. Same setup but the Grande had more room. I believe all the beds are the same. There was enough room to get around and use the lift in both rooms. The balcony is not accessible. Did you have enough room to get around and use the lift in the ADA Signature room? Is this what the ADA Signature room looked like?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i believe it resembles it. I had space to maneuver past the end of the bed though, which doesn’t look possible in this pic. We had no issues using the lift.

i believe it resembles it. I had space to maneuver past the end of the bed though, which doesn’t look possible in this pic. We had no issues using the lift.
    Yeah it doesn't look like much room at the end of the bed. Might be the angle of the picture. I was worried about there not being enough room to get around the room and enough room to maneuver the lift. Sounds like there is. Do you remember the room # you stayed in?

in 2015 it was the westin, now margartitaville. i think bed was fine. when the lift wont go under we go in at the corner so not huge deal. perfect hotel area we will go back to it.
    Curious as to where you stayed while you were in Key West? Did the bed accommodate the lift at the time? Do you recall who used for the rental agency?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer