Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Games

Video Games

How many people still play video games? I still do. As a C7 I have limited hand function and have found ways to adapt. I play console games. I found some grips that I put on my controllers that give the thumb sticks more surface area and more grip. They work great and allow me to play at a level similar to an able bodied person. The one barrier I'm trying to figure out now is how to use a wheel for racing games. Since I can't use the pedals I'm trying to find another way to control gas and brake. I believe some wheels or games will allow button mapping and you could control gas and brake from buttons or paddles on the wheel. I'm unfamiliar with this so I'm not sure. I'm curious if anyone here plays racing games and if so do you use a wheel and how?

I'm a hardcore gamer, I'd say. I have a very beefy PC and a PS4. I'm C8 so my have dexterity is a bit more acute, I'd say, but it's still pretty crappy. What are you currently playing?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    I'm a hardcore gamer, I'd say. I have a very beefy PC and a PS4. I'm C8 so my have dexterity is a bit more acute, I'd say, but it's still pretty crappy. What are you currently playing?
    I am playing mainly on Xbox One but I have a PS4 also. I play Overwatch, Gears of War 4, Titanfall 2, Skyrim, Nascar Heat Evolution and some others from time to time. How about you?

Blog Entries
    I enjoy some late night PS4 gaming sessions. Overwatch, mostly. Was playing Elder Scrolls Online for a while but since Skyrim released for PS4 I've been revisiting that for my RPG fix. Played through Witcher 3 recently, which was awesome. Multiplayer is limited to Overwatch and ESO. I'm a T12 so hand dexterity is fine, luckily.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

I'm a c7 and I play ps4. I like playing Diablo 3 (I'm around paragon 900 with 2 of each class), the Bethesda games (Fallout 3 and 4, Skyrim), Gran Turismo 5 on the ps3 using just the sticks on the controller... could you set up a wheel with the pedals at hand level? Install hand controls? You can remap the controls through the console with the ps4 so I'll probably buy GTA V if it goes on special on Boxing Day and remap the buttons from L2/R2.

I'd suggest grabbing a guitar for Rockband or Guitar Hero. It hurt like hell for a while but I can honestly say that Rockband guitar improved my hand function more so than anything I got in rehab.

My daughter plays Call of Duty and GTA5 among others via Xbox Live. She is C5/C6. For other Xbox Live players....it would be cool to post a list of gamer tags so CareCure peeps could meet up on line, chat etc.

Civilization 5 & 6 (PC) suck up some hours for me. Thinking of getting a MFi controller to play ps4 games remotely on my iPad...
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

c6 c7 here kinda hooked on World of Warships PC online game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Civilization 5 & 6 (PC) suck up some hours for me. Thinking of getting a MFi controller to play ps4 games remotely on my iPad...
    My computer can only run Civ 4, but that doesn't stop me from still playing it!