Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gloves - What do you use?

Gloves - What do you use?

I tend to use a pair of baseball batting gloves whenever I am going more than a couple blocks. They're easy to pick up at Dick's or wherever, they tend to fit me pretty well and I feel like they have pretty good grip for what I do without being overgrippy (basically feeling a lot like pushing with my hands). However, I don't really like rolling around with "Franklin" or whatever brand and a huge MLB logo, because I'm not even a baseball fan.

Just wanted to see what you guys are using, if there is something better I should be checking out.

Tried everything over the years from mechanic gloves, baseball gloves, weightlifting gloves, etc. and would wear right through them all. I prefer Sportaids wheelchair gloves. They hold up great and quite a few varieties.

Our boys bought my husband ( T-10 ) a pair of full-finger Chiba Gel Protect wheelchair gloves. They're pricey but he likes them a lot.
    Most days though, he uses Hatch LiquiCell wheelchair gloves with open fingertips.
    Grippy gloves plus Intelliwheels FitGrip Pros on the push rims keep the old man moving.

Blog Entries
    Google 'landscaping gloves' and take a look at the images results. You might see something you'd like. A lot of them have nicely reinforced thumb and index fingers which can really help IMO.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    I bought some Dritz Crafter's Comfort Gloves a few days ago. They have open fingertips and are made of "Breatheable Cotton/Spandex fabric delivers all day comfort". Only, I bought size Small, and should have bought Medium. Snug is nice, but they are a tad too much so. It's been cold and I've liked having them. I think I'll be needing to wash them frequently, which means I should buy a few more pair. Oh,...and they are an almost day-glow green. There was no other color. :/ Why?
    Female, T9 incomplete

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    Those are 'monster gloves', brian. Thanks for the link. I may order a pair online. Wheelchair rims are hot in summer and oh-so-cold in winter We really do need gloves.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by pacrossbow View Post
    Tried everything over the years from mechanic gloves, baseball gloves, weightlifting gloves, etc. and would wear right through them all. I prefer Sportaids wheelchair gloves. They hold up great and quite a few varieties.
    Same here. Weightlifting are good "non-wheelchair specific" gloves, but I prefer the Hatch gel gloves with the full thumb.

I use these:

https://www.safariland.com/products/...ves-17626.html

You can get them usually for just under $20 delivered off ebay. Work really well to grip hand rims, not too clunky so you can manipulate your keyring. There is an insulated version for winter also.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lots of good suggestions i use Dewalt (like the tools) Gloves for normal use then a little heavier ones with thinsulate lines for winter. Getting very hard to find the liners now.They are around 20 to 25 each but last better than most i have tried.