Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you used Kratom for pain?

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete

Have you used Kratom for pain?

Have you used Kratom for pain? Kratom is legal federally in the USA, though it has been banned in a few States. Here is a map that shows where it is legal and where it is banned. And further below is an excerpt from a scientific ar

http://www.speciosa.org/home/kratom-legality-map

Antinociceptive Action of Isolated Mitragynine from Mitragyna Speciosa through Activation of Opioid Receptor System

...Nowadays, various natural product-derived medicines have been used as alternative therapy for pain. Due to their natural constituents and high availability, natural herbs obtained from traditional natural sources are believed to provide less untoward effect profiles which may offer greater effectiveness compared to synthetic drugs available in the pharmaceutical market. The leaves of Mitragyna speciosa (MS) (kratom in Thai; ketum in Malaysia) have been used in Thailand and Malaysia for the opium-like effect [15,16]. Indole alkaloids, mitragynine (MG) was obtained as the major alkaloid in MS [17]. Previous studies have indicated that MG plays a major role as antinociceptive agent and acts via opioid receptors [18,19]...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3472755/
    Female, T9 incomplete

That map is not up to date. It is outlawed in a number of cities in California, and is under consideration for outlawing throughout the state.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2016/nov/29...angerous-drug/

(KLD)

I've tried kratom. Maybe I didn't use enough but I certainly never felt any high. Questionable if it helped pain as well.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

I didn't realize the map was out of date. Thank you, SCI-Nurse. Your article contained a link to the United Kratom Association, uka.org,...where there's a beautifully made, 5-minute, video. A man on the video with a back injury was able to stop taking opioids by taking Kratom.

Mize, I never felt high either. I take one teaspoon of the green powder in water when I have excruciating pain. If I lie down with an ice pack, I can go to sleep. I haven't taken an opioid in over a year.
    Female, T9 incomplete

I'm hopeful to get the dosage and good product right. For bad pain days (>7 on a scale of 10) I'll use tramadol, but I always get rebound the next day. As such I really try to avoid opioids.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

I take the Maeng Da strain, which I believe is the best and most expensive. I started out taking the Green Malay strain. It helped a lot, but my pain was acute and disabilitating, and I needed something stronger. When I ran out of Green Malay, I tried the strongest I could get,...Maeng Da. I've only used those two strains. But recently I read about another strain that is more specific for pain...and wouldn't you know? I've forgotten the name right now.

P.S. I ran to my notepad and found the information--
    Red vein kratom is the strongest variety for pain relief. ...often sold as "Red Thai Kratom" or "Bali Kratom".
    Female, T9 incomplete

Blog Entries
    Wouldn't you know it, this backwards state makes it illegal. NC is just a hop and a skip, interested in trying it. Vintage, do you get it online or in a store? I was just about to order some, saw it was in Canadian dollars, then checked whether these naked apes here were outlawing it also. When you buy it bulk, what is the cost? I may find myself moving if it gets any worse here. Can't take winters/cold anymore. Hate only living in summer. Arrrrrr! Got a hiking/nature community across the line nearby, figure if anyone has it, they do.

I make a local phone call and pay over the phone, CapnGimp. A couple of days later, I hear the mailman shove it into my mailbox. It breaks my heart that people in pain can't buy it everywhere.
    Last edited by Vintage; 12-12-2016 at 06:26 AM.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Where can you buy it. I would like to try it but only see one company online that sells it in Canada. Does it help with neuralgia?

I just now typed into Google the words 'canada kratom', and it looks like about seven different vendors show up. I haven't dealt with any of them, of course.

I call my nerve pain 'neuropathy'. There can be an overlapping in what's called 'neuropathy' and what's called 'neuralgia'. And, yes, the Kratom calms the burning feeling of my neuropathy. It doesn't cure it, but it makes me feel better.
    Female, T9 incomplete