Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 172

Thread: NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. CEO presents at Working 2 Walk

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    To be clear, I have no interest in a financial return from this - I have zero anxiety with regards loosing money.
    Any insinuation that I am worried about financial loss is pretty hurtful to be honest.
    There is no hurtful intent. You're an investor and I understand you are anxious. That is all.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Oh...I would have thought these designated funding round increases would be based on actual documented milestones being met and then the team green lights the stage rather than just handing over 8 million dollars. Perhaps the article could have been much more detailed on how these funding rounds were negotiated and commitments made for the various stages of funding. I wouldn't have expected that kind of money to be released without milestones being attained, but then again I'm not a seasoned investor.
    That might be the case for how research is funded. It's not the way funding occurs where there are multiple investors, you can't have different investors getting different terms in the same funding round. The real world isn't an episode of Shark Tank.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    There is no hurtful intent. You're an investor and I understand you are anxious. That is all.
    Again, I am not anxious. By saying that you are implying I am worried about loosing money.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    Again, I am not anxious. By saying that you are implying I am worried about loosing money.
    No, I'm not worried about anyone loosing money and I do not watch Shark Tank. You're trying to read way too much into what I posted. Calm down! Every year they publicly post their 990. The 2017 form should be up shortly. We'll be able to see how much was allotted and spent quite soon. I'd be very surprised if no money was spent on the NRT project with them already having a 39.8% interest.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 03-21-2018 at 04:56 AM.

  5. #55
    I'm perfectly calm and relaxed, not sure what gave you that opinion, but if you mean you have had enough of the discussion thats fine I have too.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    This is why I no longer support CDRF in any fashion - I don't sign their petitions, write letters to congress or give them a single cent - they are only about building CDRF. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they choose actions that hamper research as any cure would make them obsolete.
    Easy Mize, that statement is beyond the pale. Every single person that works for CDRF is connected to the horrors of SCI and want it cured it yesterday. In addidion to raising money to fund cure research/clinical trials/rehab science, they have made a gargantuan impact on improving the daily lives of those of us with SCI and our families.

    With regard to Peter Wildrotter, unfortunately, I don't know him well. I do know two quads he is very close with; Mike Nichols and Eric LeGrand. He is very involved with the families, and is plugged into their struggles. Peter has been with the Reeve Foundation for 13 years and is well versed in how brutal SCI is. He is also close with Christopher's kids.

    Why am I vouching for Peter, a guy I don't know? Because I know Eric, Mike, and their families, they believe in him. Also, because I have worked with Wise Young for many years, and have seen how difficult it is to raise money for research/clinical trials and how at every single turn, roadblock, after roadblock, after roadblock is tossed in the path. If y'all knew the difficulties that occur behind the scenes, you would get it.

    Don't be so quick to call wrongdoing, there's a whole bunch of factors you will never know about.
    Last edited by Jim; 03-21-2018 at 01:03 AM.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    I'm perfectly calm and relaxed, not sure what gave you that opinion, but if you mean you have had enough of the discussion thats fine I have too.
    Niallel, Twice I've asked a legitimate and logical question that hasn't been answered about what exact milestones or benchmarks are in place for the different phases of noted funding. Of course those agreements are not listed out in that article, but it is logical to assume $8 million wouldn't be dispersed like magic without some type of agreements in place. Since NRT and Reeve share board members according to their internet site, I'd think they would have some sort of plan. It may be taking a bit longer, but I'm sure they have one.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Niallel, Twice I've asked a legitimate and logical question that hasn't been answered about what exact milestones or benchmarks are in place for the different phases of noted funding. Of course those agreements are not listed out in that article, but it is logical to assume $8 million wouldn't be dispersed like magic without some type of agreements in place. Since NRT and Reeve share board members according to their internet site, I'd think they would have some sort of plan. It may be taking a bit longer, but I'm sure they have one.
    There were no milestones set or agreed.

    Which takes me back to my point which is why are they saying they funded it? Although Mize probably just answered that.

    "Initial funding was for $2.460 million yet Wilderotter said Reeve funding has increased to over $ 4million with a goal of $8 million by mid 2018."
    https://www.boldbusiness.com/health/...l-cord-injury/

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,535
    Yeah the milestones thing is used by research grants people. It is not used in private company financing. In that world you do a valuation, raise money, spend then revalue for the next financing round based on accomplishments. The only milestone aspect is some investors will state they will only participate in the next round if certain things happen, usually patents being awarded.
    It's nothing like research programs.
    Last edited by Mize; 03-21-2018 at 10:36 AM.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Yeah the milestones thing is used by research grants people. It is not used in private company financing. In that world you do a valuation, raise money, spend then revalue for the next financing round based on accomplishments. The only milestone aspect is some investors will state they will only participate in the next round if certain things happen, usually patents being awarded.
    It's nothing like research programs.
    Did somebody get hurt using the NRT device or a similar device in the meantime? Any other possible reasons?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 12:36 PM
  2. Project Walk Melbourne presents WHEEL 2 WALK
    By rannie in forum Exercise & Recovery
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 06:31 AM
  3. Working 2 Walk
    By RyansWife in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 04:30 PM
  4. Man working to walk again
    By manouli in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 08:15 PM
  5. Working 2 Walk
    By AlexAgain in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 09:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •